THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting. I'm looking at getting the Stoker, but I may have to wait a little while to see if the new Guru is a better option.

I received a news update from BBQ Guru this morning that mentions the Cyber Q. Their web site says that it will send you text messages and e-mail updates! Just what I need! :-D

I believe they sent a newsletter out, did anyone get this, can they post it maybe?

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
Here's a cut/paste of the newsletter talking about the new guru

466098383_4EspU-O.jpg

2009 is going to be a very exciting year!

We are currently developing the next generation of controls in our product line. The all new CyberQ II is on the verge of being released to the market. With the overwelming response of the new digital control, the DigiQ II, we will be discontinuing the analog Pit Minder E temp. The new Digital controls are extremely easy to use and are our most advanced controls to date. Some features of the CyberQ II are:

· Super compact control allows you to control up to two pits simultaneously

· Four thermocouple probes allow you to monitor two pits and two food items

· USB interface allows monitoring and control from your PC or over the Internet

· Digital alphanumeric 8 character x 2 line LCD display with user-selectable backlight time

· Audible alarm sounds on over/under temp, food done, timeout and other user-settable conditions

· Real-time fan status and percent output indication helps you to measure fuel use

· Open Lid Detect

· Adaptive Control Algorithm

· Super User menu for advanced users

· User-settable "low and slow" ramp down feature

· User-settable cook timer gives alarm, shuts down your pit, or will hold the pit at the temperature you specify

I like the look of it but I still like the stokers ability to have, I guess, a limitless number of cookers and food temp probes attached to it where you can only have 2 pits and 2 food probes with the new guru.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Back