THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob Loblaw

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Tragedy struck recently... While smoking on a windy day, a might wind blew over my 22.5 WSM. Luckily my brisket was spared any carnage, but sadly my bbq guru partyq was reduced to a pile of melted plastic.

The supportive wife actually wants me to get a new one and I'm contemplating going w the updated wifi cyber q.

Does anyone have it? If so, what do you think?

I've heard the difficult to set up part, but port forwarding to me is a breeze, so that doesn't concern me. I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about it's functionality, etc. thanks in advance

I love mine. Go for it. I set it up infrastucture mode when I first got it and its been working perfect each time I turn it on to use it. Seems like you know what to do already.

I usually set it up when I use multiple cookers that way there is one less cook/smoke to worry about or when I have to run out for a few hours mid cook. Cant beat that.

Love mine. Use it every cook. Love the ability to leave and still keep an eye on everything. Sound like you are gizmo savy but if you should run in to problems don't worry . There IT/CS is awesome. I called them and had me up and running in infrastructure mode in about 15 minutes.

If you have I phone or tablet you can run in Adhoc mode and not bother with port forwarding. Sadly Adhoc is no supported by Android.

Anyway I high recommend it. I dont think you will be sorry.

What they said...you won't be sorry. can also download the free software and put a cool looking dash board up with temp graphs and speedo style thermometers. Can make cook notes in general or pegged to specific times. Its pretty good way to document what you are doing.

What they said...you won't be sorry. can also download the free software and put a cool looking dash board up with temp graphs and speedo style thermometers. Can make cook notes in general or pegged to specific times. Its pretty good way to document what you are doing.

What software are you guys using? Is there software available for both PCs and Android? I am already using Pit Pal on my android and it works well.

Back