Myrtle Beach contest puts stop payment on checks

What we are seeing in this thread is exactly why KCBS has never put up a forum of their own. While this type of media is a great way to exchange information of interest to specific communities, it also functions as a huge gossip fountain and rumour mill.

On these often-anonymous forums, titanic debates rage over scraps of information and disinformation, all sparked by a random post that may or may not be factual, probably doesn't include the whole story and most certainly is flavored by the personal motives of the originator. In the end the original issue gets obscured as egos and bruised feelings move to the fore.

I think the take-away from this thread is that there were some problems at a contest in Myrtle Beach. This will not change the status quo for all events nationwide, and that is as it should be.

Couldn't agree with your more Gowan. Had I known it would cause this much debate, I would have never made the comment about refusing to pay in cash. Damn, I said it again! :redface:

Good grief gurdy!! This thread has taken on a life of its own......

If all comps were like this, I don't think there would be any comps left to attend; nobody would go!!!

wallace

What I find funny is the very people who are complaining about this thread are the ones who have bumped it to the top the last few posts (from yesterday afternoon to now). They are the ones beating the dead horse. The rest have stopped posting about it.

What I find funny is the very people who are complaining about this thread are the ones who have bumped it to the top the last few posts (from yesterday afternoon to now). They are the ones beating the dead horse. The rest have stopped posting about it.

Yep,I quite posting because we get paid cash out west here so like I said there is an easy,simple(even a caveman would agree) solution to take care of what happened at Myrtal Beach and what happens SEVERAL times a year around the US at other comps,like I said this ISN"T an isolated incident whether some want to believe it or not.And of course everyone says,"don't change the rules,stay the same" UNTIL it happens to them and then they will suddenly want things changed.

I'm certainly no expert, but a quick tip from the Grill Scouts to avoid stop payments and other shenanigans is to turn in sub-par BBQ.

We've learned that you don't have to be concerned about cashing checks that you don't receive.

Eric

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there. :biggrin1:

I'm certainly no expert, but a quick tip from the Grill Scouts to avoid stop payments and other shenanigans is to turn in sub-par BBQ.

We've learned that you don't have to be concerned about cashing checks that you don't receive.

Eric

Best comment in the entire thread! Tragically true!

Back