Myrtle Beach BBQ

big blue bbq

Take a breath!
I am on vacation in Myrtle Beach. Looking for a good BBQ place. I did the search and there were only two places mentioned. One my kids have been to and did not care for. The other says best BBQ on the beach. Just wondering if anyone has new suggestions.

If you are on the way down from up north, make sure you check out Henry's Smokehouse in Greenville, SC. I went there last year on a bus tour at the NBBQA convention. Very good! The won the peoples choice award at the convention. We hit it up yesterday and it was still great.

Closest to edible BBQ there is Sticky Fingers, a chain that started in Charleston, not great, but not bad, a bit pricy though.

I would recommend looking further north on Hwy 17.

Cross into NC on 17 and there are a couple of places in Wilmington (about 90 miles north) that are good examples of eastern, NC que.

Or you could go east towards Columbia, and hit Maurice's piggy park for iconic SC with mustard sauce, but that's further.

Drive up to Hemingway and try Scott's BBQ. About an hours ride, but Andrew Zimmern called it the best BBQ he has ever put in his mouth. Cash only and all they sell is que and skins....awesome place!

There is Little Pigs on 17 Business just south of the Carolina Opry and Barbeque House in North Myrtle near Cherry Grove. Both places are OK, better than the chains, including Sticky Fingers, but that's about it.

There is nothing down there. If you want to drive about an hour, there is a new food truck here in Wilmington, Poor Piggy's that turns out pretty good stuff. If I was you though, I would take some detours and make some stops on your way home. Lots of good stuff in the middle of the state.

Edit - sorry, just noticed that his post is a couple weeks old and you are probably not there anymore.

Back