Most memorable competition moments of 2009...

Having to work during the American Royal, but was able to get down there and hanging out with teams that I had met during the year. It's only our second year, but we have met a lot of great people.

It would have to be Roc City ribfest. We had worked on this homemade three barrel smoker all winter in anticipation of our first competition. We borrowed a trailer and 10x10 tent and in pure amazement we had won the rib competition. Our very first comp. Albeit was a backyard comp the Sat before KCBS. But to a bunch of greenhorns, it was a phenomenal experience. The KCBS the next day was a sobering experience.

Teaming up with Brian (swamprb) to form "Left hand Smoke"...:cool:

* Winning our first GC at the Skagit Valley BBQ Championship...

* Our 2nd GC at the Evergreen State BBQ Championship...

* Our reserve GC at BBQ On The By-Pass...

* Our reserve GC at Birch Bay...

* Our "perfect score" ribs at Chehalis...

* Brian's reserve GC and "perfect score" chicken at Central Area BBQ ...

Most of my favorite moments are our "winning" moments...but there are countless memories of friendship and camaraderie that are just as meaningful! :p

DSC_0446ps.jpg

Best. shirt. EVerrrrrrrr!

Sled, of course your singing!!! How could I forget. And yes to all of Vinny's mentions. It really is a lot of fun. Lot's of work, but lots of fun!

My favorite things from this years BBQ season

1. Being in Marysville, KS when Kim and Andy of Smoke on Wheels won their first ever GC in same place where we won our first GC.
2. Telling Andy that it won't be that long before they win another one and then they win GC's all over the country.
3. They TOY chase at the end of the year.
4. Watching Emerald Buffalo win GC at Bellevue, NE
5. Visiting the Jack for the first time and hanging with the I Smell Smoke !! team.
6. Having our own RV.

Back