THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not available:

Weekend of:
March 21-22
March 27-28
April 4-5
April 24-25
May 9-10
May 23-24
May 30-31
June 20-21
July 4-5
July 11-12
August 8-9
Sept 5-6
Sept 12-13
Oct 3-4
Oct 10-11
Oct 17-18
Oct 24-25

If it is in Mo (Wherever) and anybody is flying into Lambert can ride with me to the bash if I can make the date.

So who wants to take on this thing and do the organizing? Ashmont is my choice as he seems to be taking the lead on it. I just don't want this to turn out like the Texas Cluster Fark Bash that never got done. :roll:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baby

fire booz friends fire food felowship fire

THIS IS GODS WILL PEOPLE

Ok so this appears to be leaning towards Ashmonts Farm (Im assuming that was your reason for saying you were out that weekend for anything other than that)...

Go for it Ash, just way too far for us to travel for a weekend.

No There is a contest at the Mills in STL that weekend. I really dont wanna trample on anything. I will go wherever to have the bash. Billy and other BRO/Sis can come for the barn burnin another time. Want to make it easy for everyone.

Ash

From re-reading this thread, it looks like the Weekend of April 18th is the one best suited for the most people. So how about we nail down that date now?

As for location, I agree that the point where Iowa, Missouri and Illinois meets seems pretty dang central for everyonewhich would be the city of Keokuk Iowa. This city even seems to have pretty good highway accessibility for people coming from all directions.

Anybody know of anything around this area? I'm checking out the cities website http://www.keokuk.com/ now to see if I can find anything.

Anybody have any comments on this date and location???

I have to admit, from that list, Hickory Haven Campgrounds jumps out at me for some reason. Somethign about the name, but I can't quite get my finger on it...

Hi everyone, as much as we would like to meet up with everybody it look more likely that we will never agree. I seems that maybe April 18 might have worked but only a few people have given there thoughts. It seems to us that Iowa/Mo/Il line is to far east. There are 19 groups west of that line and only 8 to the east. We would be willing to travel that far but we would need a cabin or another place to stay. If we bring the camper we would have to bring another vehicle for our gear.(smoker) We propose we pick the date of April 8 or 18 and see who that eliminates, then proceed with a place. A roll call vote is needed for date and if your in or out. I would be happy to help keep track. (post or pm) I don't want to seem pushy, I am just excited to get this done.

I'm just in. I don't have anything going until mid-May. I will travel as long as it isn't too far. I drove 7-8 hours for the fall bash. That's reaching my limit though. I hope this comes together.

So far April 8 or the 18th are still open. We haven't got together yet to discuss our contest the year.

Looking at the map, a centralized location for most of the groups would be Basswoods Resort North of Kansas City.
http://www.basswoodresort.com/
The airport is also near by for those that are flying in and they have cabins avaliable.

So once the date is set, this could be an option.

4/18 is the KSU Wildcat BBQ in Manhattan, KS. I took RGC there last year, so I can't really miss it this year. I don't think it is on the KCBS calendar yet.... but it has been on that weekend for several years now.

Have a good one!!

BTW Basswood is a fine place to have it, however, if you want to be together you will have to call and get reservations in quickly, last fall they would only hold a block for us for 1 day, 2 days if we reserved 1/2 of the sites on our credit card. But we did the fall bash there two years ago and it worked out fine. We had the sites, and cabins down on the lower terrace at the back.

Back