Midwest and/or Great Plains Bash anyone?

Ok in an effort to at least get some ideas and locations here is the place we were at last year in April. http://www.timberlineiowa.com/ it is west of Des Moines. Has cabins, tent sites, and RV sites. Also has a an enclosed area that would be extra to rent.
This is just a start post other sites as well. If we can get enough innput on sites, we could do a poll and let the voting decide. Same with months. Do a poll and let the votes decide????

Team MooCow(Vern and Shane)would prefer not to have a contest. We would rather have one hell of a good time with all you guys instead of having to worry about a competition. This is just an opinion as we are pretty much up for anything.

One more option!!! Yes I did offer my farm but in talking with Char this maybe a better place. I know the owner and can close the whole place for just us given enough "Char Planning time".. Its on the Black River in Lesterville Mo. and hopefully home to a 2010 KCBS contest. Here is their website. http://www.parksbluff.com They have ample power sites and there are cabins in town that are mins away..... I can make the arrangements

100_2260.jpg

100_2261.jpg

100_2264.jpg

100_2265.jpg

I like parks bluff If its not to far out of the way for everyone. Looks like a good place to have a good time!

Parks Bluff would make it difficult for those up North to attend. Using Char's Map, the middle os everybody would be around the South East corner of Iowa.

I would avoid a comp and just make it a bash, unless you want it to be a true comp.
We held a bacsh last April just outside of Des Moines and the location was awesome, we had cabin sites as well as full RV sites. They were talking to BBQ mayor about a comp there, but don't know how far that got.
It would be a central Location for IA, NE MN, IL, ND, KS, and WI. Of course that all depends are where you are in those states.
But plan it and we could be there if it works out.
Is the the KOA outside of Adel? Nice place.

I like Ashmont's idea! Pretty place! But maybe a lot less accessible from a travel standpoint (airlines).

I am in unless it's scheduled for a weekend where we have a comp or a catering gig or I have to work. No reason we can't do a bash AND a comp! Here's the idea: Roll in on Friday and set up. Anyone wanting to compete, go that direction and start work. Anyone not wanting to compete can assist with checking in teams and so forth. Then we have to comp Friday evening and Saturday as normal then after awards on Saturday afternoon, we party (bash) and eat the comp food. Seems like the non-competers could pitch in for the comp meat at that point (since everything would be purchased by competitors) and divide up the funds between the teams to hhelp defray cost. I doubt the entire contest meat bill would be covered but it would even it up for everyone.

In addition to the KCBS categories, we could also have Brethren classic categories like moink balls, ABTs and fatties. Non-competing Bashers could judge the whole thing. Probably would be a small prize purse like Andy said but that's not the main thing anyway.

I can look around The STL Area and see what other options. That way people can fly into Lambert...

ashcroft has a farm and a barn he needs hs to burn down lets go to his place and remember if its in the midwest im there if yall let me? i want to come play please can i can i? think about it a barn burning bash once in a lifetime you get this chance

Steelville Mo. Has a lot of RV Places Campgrounds. Its right off Hwy 44 about a little over and hour to get there...

Back