Malcom Reed ditches pellet smokers for a Jambo

Malcom and his wife do a weekly podcast as well that goes into more detail about their weekly videos and all things bbq. Very insightful and fun to listen too. He's been talking about the Jambo since last fall and the way he described the process he paid a good chunk of money for it. In the podcast that dropped last week he goes into a lot of detail about the jambo and his brisket cook. So it might be worth a listen if you want to know more.

Everytime I see Malcolm he has a different pit he's tinkering with.

I've personally seen him have a different setup at least 4 times. Malcolm can flat out cook so doesn't really matter what pit he has.

Can't say i'm not drooling over that Jambo though :becky:

I've seen a lot of his videos and I don't think I've ever heard him say anything negative about any type of pit. As for the Jambo in the video, I would love have it to play around with, but you need to be cooking an awful lot of food to justify using that thing.

I love Malcom Reed, but as an owner of a Weber Smokey Mountain, he and I disagree on its merits. He has said he is not a fan of the water smoker design. That is the only time I have heard him say anything about any cooker.

I love Malcom Reed, but as an owner of a Weber Smokey Mountain, he and I disagree on its merits. He has said he is not a fan of the water smoker design. That is the only time I have heard him say anything about any cooker.

That’s interesting. I reached out to him when I was choosing b/w a WSM and a PBC. He told me there wasn’t a ton of difference and both would produce great BBQ. I went with the PBC, but he never said anything negative to me about the WSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously the pellets were not doing the trick. And I don't think Jambo hands out free smokers for promotion like LSG. Maybe he does? I dunno. Just thought it was funny a hardcore pellet guy buys a stick burner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7cZkNoIwbw

I don't know that I would call him a hard core pellet guy, I've seen him use many different types of smokers in his videos. I've seen him use the Old Hickory as much or more than I've seen him use the pellet grills. I've also seen him use drum smokers and a Big Green Egg.

Malcom and his wife do a weekly podcast as well that goes into more detail about their weekly videos and all things bbq. Very insightful and fun to listen too. He's been talking about the Jambo since last fall and the way he described the process he paid a good chunk of money for it. In the podcast that dropped last week he goes into a lot of detail about the jambo and his brisket cook. So it might be worth a listen if you want to know more.

Did you hear the podcast where he confessed to ordering the Jambo? I think his wife actually knew, but it was still funny. I believe he ordered the Jambo because he said he hasn't used a stickburner but he gets beat by them a lot.

His podcast is a lot of fun to listen to.

Malcom just strikes me as someone who wants to use whatever is easiest, no-muss no-fuss. His physical stature doesn't strike me as someone who wants to put a lot of effort into anything.

Been meaning to post this for a few days now. Only five days ago

VowJMiih.png

He said "It cooks a mean piece of chicken". LOL No mention of pork, brisket, etc.

I think Malcolm has seen the light. Welcome Malcolm.

He's done a ton of brisket, ribs etc cooks on it. Def not just chicken. On the contrary I think pellet cooker chicken is meh!

He said "It cooks a mean piece of chicken". LOL No mention of pork, brisket, etc.

I think Malcolm has seen the light. Welcome Malcolm.

It was so bad, he got rid of it, and now has a 640.

He's done a ton of brisket, ribs etc cooks on it. Def not just chicken. On the contrary I think pellet cooker chicken is meh!

That surprises me. I love pellet chicken.

Back