Kizen Instant Read for $20 (2-4 second read)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Picke up this Kizen Instant Read for my buddy who I sold one of my CH5's I scored. He does't have one and we've cooked a few times at his place now so I'll leave it there.

For $20 this thing seems freaking legit :becky:. In the $20 range I've had thermapops, an instant read from RD, and a few others (all left at friends :twitch:) so wanted to try another one out.

Keep in mind I got it today and just tested it out (including on a pork loin I have going) over the last hour.........initial results are this thing is pretty damn fast. It reads hot faster than cold, but here are some quick crappy videos I made that are not scientific at all.

Hot reading in about 3 seconds compared to 2sec on my MK4. Did a little music of my own. Water isn't boiling as I lowered the burner since I'm dumb and couldn't figure out a way to hold both and film with max boiling heat......and yes I have many hot gloves, but the whiskey said just use your hand :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV5vTzO_qFs

Cold takes longer at at least 4sec, but I'm never using these things for cold stuff :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSBGWGOB4ec&feature=youtu.be

What's cool is it comes with a magnet inside already so you can stick it to stuff, it's backlit, the loop is cool as I've been twirling it around my finger all day for fun.....and they toss in an extra battery for free which is cool. There is a $18 one that looks a smidge smaller and I can't tell what the hell the difference is.

So for the 60mins I've been using it my initial thoughts (not a "review") is I might be buying another one to keep in my truck as my last "truck therm" I gave to a buddy. You guys have "truck therms".....right??

rZljyxLl.jpg

yitIi74l.jpg

Last edited:
I got a Kizen a while back. Mine has a bottle opener instead of a plain hole, so it is vastly superior!

Lol. You can never have too many bottle openers, especially on something you are using all the time.

I will tell ya the twirling action might make it worth it over any other therm for me. It's like clicking tongs a few "test times" every single time you pick them up. Every time I pick it up it gets a few twirls.

Back