THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I believe those that got the letter and are members in good standing are a bit unimpressed with they way KCBS went out of their way to ensure members in good standing did not get tthe email.
I got the email, I feel all warm and fuzzy that I pay my dues and the organization doesn't have the courtesy of treating me like a valued member.
Hiding the bios or forcing membership on people is another "percieved" value from a membership in KCBS. I just wish MMA would actualy do something for KCBS and it's membership and not just give false benefits.
Off my soap box now I am going to use my 50 cent coupon for tabasco.

The KCBS is being compensated by paying members. Why the hell should non-paying members get the benefit of cooking with the same rules and systems I've paid for? Now you got me off-topic in my own thread. :mad:

KCBS is getting their money from non members at every contest. They are just double dipping in their membership. That is what you should be mad at.

You can currently create a profile @ nationalbbqrankings.com and link it to a team in the rankings. Then you can change the team name and edit the profile of that team.

We also have a lot of other features coming up that are only available to teams with an account. The account is free and we dont have any plans to hide them from anyone.

But I often find errors. You are missing one of our contests: GC @ Burlington, KS.

EDIT: Should I follow Pork Pullin Plowboys #97 or Pork Pullin Plow Boys #128?

Last edited:
I believe those that got the letter and are members in good standing are a bit unimpressed with they way KCBS went out of their way to ensure members in good standing did not get tthe email.
I got the email, I feel all warm and fuzzy that I pay my dues and the organization doesn't have the courtesy of treating me like a valued member.
Hiding the bios or forcing membership on people is another "percieved" value from a membership in KCBS. I just wish MMA would actualy do something for KCBS and it's membership and not just give false benefits.
Off my soap box now I am going to use my 50 cent coupon for tabasco.

My first question when I opened my email was, "How will they know who to turn off?" They couldn't even sort the email into members and non-members. There could have been two notices: your account will be shut down and your account will be fine.

The KCBS is being compensated by paying members. Why the hell should non-paying members get the benefit of cooking with the same rules and systems I've paid for? Now you got me off-topic in my own thread. :mad:

Agree 100%, Jeff.

Is this really what KCBS is worried about? Who's looking at the team bios. Really?

I'm guessing it's a bandwith cost issue and they were looking for for a way to reduce that cost or even server issues without upsetting current membership. Plus, I do think that some teams with pages will join so the page stays up. It's really not much different then the cable company giving you extra channels for a while for free to get you hooked.

I'm guessing it's a bandwith cost issue and they were looking for for a way to reduce that cost or even server issues without upsetting current membership. Plus, I do think that some teams with pages will join so the page stays up. It's really not much different then the cable company giving you extra channels for a while for free to get you hooked.

I think it is more about differentiating value for members. There's not enough data there for this to be an IT cost issue.

With the risk of stirring the pot where does the $35 go? I have no problem spending it and to be honest don't mind paying to be a memeber, just curious to where all this money goes.

Yep..gota email to that effect today..

I was a member, at one time, but didnt renew...
Now I just watch and laugh at the going ons from the sideline...

Bet they change the secret hand shake also..:mrgreen:

I had a bad experience at a KCBS contest where the reps judged the contest. It was not fair, the contest was manipulated by the reps and it has left a bad tasted in my mouth since. I dont buy into the fact that just because it is run by KCBS it will be legitimized.

I pulled my original post because I have tried not to stir the pot, but you had already got to it. But I had to speak up on this.

Was this a recent contest? If so you need to contact KCBS and let them know. As a board member I want to know if contests are being mishandled.

Thanks

Heck no. Some of our winters will be over next weekend!!! Can't get here soon enough!!!!

yeah, those darn folks heading to Little Rock....ugh, still waiting for April for Kings Mtn.,......but, love the conversations.....discussions......
Some of our winters will be over next weekend!!!

Was this a recent contest? If so you need to contact KCBS and let them know. As a board member I want to know if contests are being mishandled.

Thanks

Should it matter if it was recent or not? Do improprieties have an experation date?

It was not. It was October of 2003. I contacted KCBS at the time, they choose not to respond to my inquries.

At the risk of runinning my Diva status, I will leave it at that. You are the 1st person in 6 years to even care, or ask about it.

I just got the email and I am a paying member. MMA at it again. Quality marketing and promotion - you gotta love it.

I called the office and Ms. Hawkins is going to forward my email to the board and to MMA.

I am a paid member - why did I receive this? Duh.

I believe the email went to all Team BIO posters. If you are a member your bio will remain.
Not sure what they are referring to as the members only. WE did not approve that

Back