KCBS to Hide Team Bios Soon

differnece between the contest paying reps, and what KCBS spends, the part of the contest application that talks about KCBS publicity....if the event has KCBS publicity, that is not part of the contest organizers responsibility.....that is out of the
the $900 KCBS pulls in for a 50 team event

While I am no organizer... From my dealings with contests, that is how I was told that the reps are taken care of...

Maybe we could ask on the organizer forum? Oh that's right... :icon_shy

That was my understanding.

Actually, the contest organizers paid for hotels, travel, etc., computer paper, printing, all associated materials (plates, water, etc.) for judging. I think the reps use their own computers with the software for the judging. Saville 2007/2008.

I did not write the check last year. Aimee did but from the way I was told, the check was made out to KCBS and the KCBS reimburses the reps for their expenses. If that's not the way it actually is, I will stand corrected. Still... I'd like to talk to KCBS and find out exactly what they figure it costs them to sanction one contest (all sanctioning and marketing costs for one year, divided by the number of contests). I still would guess it's going to take more than they get for most contests from sanctioning fees. Then again, it may be close because i'd be surprised if they'd intentionally set sanctioning fees much under what it costs to sanction. That wouldn't make very good business sense.

Back