THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ttsSWvmh.jpg

My wife is the instant pot operator in our family; I run QC. She belongs to a Facebook group with like 500K members and a constant stream of recipes. We particularly like to eat Indian food; there is an Indian woman in the group that does recipes on YouTube and has also published a book of IP Indian recipes. There is also a pair of women apparently supported to some degree by IP. They recently published a recipe for chicken with ginger and garlic that was spectacular. Really intense flavors.

when do you plan on posting us some links to this stuff? I just got a 6qt and have yet to take it out of the box, but will soon. Had my big old rattle top out today making soup out of the bones and some left over meat from the turkey

Love the IP. It has been a life-saver to make mac & cheese for the kids when we are camping in the pop-up.

They change the name too instant pot, lot of people are afraid when you mention a pressure cooker, the old type of pressure cooker would blow up, these electric pressure cooker have lot of safety devices, BTW , I have 3, like the stainless inter pot better than the Teflon type, but food will stick too the bottom of both types

How long did this take Smitty?

Seared it on Sauté mode for 2-3 minutes per side then Pressure Zapped with 1 can of beer n some Cavendars Greek Seasoning n Onion Qtrs for 25 minutes then quick release then added Taters n Carrots and Pressure Zapped for 15 more minutes. Took about 5-7 minutes to pressure up each time so about 1 hr - 1 hr 15 Total.

Corn Beef I did 70 minutes Pressure Zapped the added Taters n Cabbage and Pressure Zapped 20 minutes more.

Unreal!!!

That may have just been added to Mrs. 4ever3’s Christmas list! (without her knowing dontcha know!)

That’s a beautiful plate of food!

Back