THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broke my Instant Pot out this past weekend for it's inaugural test. Saturday I did a pot roast/stew dish. Had about 5 lbs of shoulder roast that I browned, then 2 onions sauteed, added beef broth, then zapped for an hour and 15 minutes. Added 2 lbs of diced potatoes and a pound of carrots and zapped for 15 minutes. Turned out pretty darn good! Sunday did some chili, but didn't use the pressure feature. I am definitely going to like this gizmo!

I made a quick chicken stew in my IP last night. Two chicken breasts, carrots, celery, mushrooms, onions, fresh herbs, salt, pepper and chicken stock.

Sauté the carrots for a couple of minutes and then add the celery and onions. Sauté another couple of minutes and then add the mushrooms. Sauté for another couple of minutes and add the herbs, salt, pepper and 2 cups of chicken stock. High pressure for 15, let it sit for 5 and then release the pressure. After the pressure is down take out the chicken and veggies and thicken the liquid with cornstarch mixed into some chicken stock. Shred to chunk the chicken and add the chicken and veggies back in. You may need to put the pot on Sauté too get everything back up to temp.

7835_FD7_C-742_E-432_E-_AF03-67_A272_EF8508.jpg

Looking good Ronelle!!

Well I was wanting some beans n rice n sausage.....I Really Like MaHatmas Instant Mix- just add sausage- but I was Out. I was out of dried beans too...... But I did have 1 cup of white rice, 2 cans of Pinto beans and 1 can of Black beans and 1 lb of sausage. So I cut up the suasage , put 1 cup of rice and 3 cans of beans with the juice into the magic pot, put suasage on top and added 1/2 cup of water ( cut back on water because of the bean can juices) and some Cavendars Greek Seasoning and Pressure Zapped it on Low for 20 minutes. Not Half Bad........

8gXmF9rh.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: EdF
Well I'm done with the Instant pot. To many ef'd meals. Just "cooked" chicken and rice. Rice is burnt and the chicken is raw. Turns out the little pin never popped up and it never came to pressure. IP is going on Craig's list.

Last edited:
I just browned 1 lb of ground venison and 1 lb of 80/20 on sautee mode. Then added 1 Lg can Campbells tomato soup (condensed) and 2 cans of water, 2 boxes of kraft mac n cheese and the powder, 1 lg can of diced tomatoes and 1Lg can of mixed VeggiAll and set it on low pressure for 24 minutes..........
Could Suck but could be Pretty Close to Decent... we shall see.......:twitch:

bOW9DqFl.jpg

Last edited:
Back