I HATE friggin plastic containers

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. I love plastic containers. They make life easier. The condensation gets in there because the food is warm, but I just shake it off the first time I open the container and eat food. Not really a big deal.

Leave the lid off the container until the meat has cooled.

I do this a bunch too. Something just doesn't seem right about leaving food in the fridge for a few hours with the lid off, but it works. Most of the time I do it so when the food or liquid cools and contracts (liquid), it does not pull the lid down and deform it since its warm and half pliable already.

Aluminum foil, for the same reason you wrap a bunch of celery in foil...it lets moisture evaporate, and still keeps it fresh. magic? I don't know. but it works.

True that...but I'm talking about more meat than would reasonably fit in a ziplock bag.

Anyone ever try wrapping in butcher paper in the fridge? Would it asbsorb too much moisture and fall apart or would it hold up?

2.5 gallon ziplocks are one hell of a bag. I can't imagine wanting to use anything bigger. They are also great when I marinate large cuts of meat or tons of wings.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hefty-OneZip-Jumbo-2.5-Gallon-Multi-Purpose-Bags-12-ct/11027203

Good luck,

Do you actually vacuum suck meat that you will eat the next day? Or even meat that you want to snack on that night?

Yes, FoodSaver has the same type of 'plastic containers' that you are probably already using, but you can suck the air out of them, and they are reusable. I use them for everything.

Chad

Yes, FoodSaver has the same type of 'plastic containers' that you are probably already using, but you can suck the air out of them, and they are reusable. I use them for everything.

Chad

Hold the boat. So if I buy better quality plastic containers (Foodsavers that suck air out)....No more rain?

I just want to confirm before I go and buy a boatload of these.

Hold the boat. So if I buy better quality plastic containers (Foodsavers that suck air out)....No more rain?

I just want to confirm before I go and buy a boatload of these.

I really dont think its possible to put something hot or even warm for that matter into a cold environment without condensation. Put it in the fridge till it gets it cold then cover it.

You go to the expense of buying quality cuts of meat, you spend all day applying a lifetimes worth of accumulated skill to produce the best possible product.
BUY A FOODSAVER!

I use zip lock bags also, put the food in a roll up tight before sealing. I vacusuck for anything longer than a day or two.

Don't ever cook. Only cook what you need.

I let the meat cool in the fridge until it is cold. Then put the already chilled lid on.

When using a plastic container, I don't seal it tight. I leave one corner of the container
open just a little, so the excess moisture can evaporate out, then seal it completely
the next day.

The is how it is done in restaurants. The leftover are put in a container and cover with plastic and a vent in the corner or poke a hole in the top.

Back