I HATE friggin plastic containers

. .
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri7-vnrJD3k"]Adele - Set Fire To The Rain (Live at The Royal Albert Hall) - YouTube[/ame]

I know we're not running a restaurant, but here are some accepted guidelines and methods for quickly cooling and storing cooked product...

Cooling

There are several ways to rapidly cool potentially hazardous food. The manager of the establishment should determine which method or combination of methods is most effective for a particular food. The methods of cooling are:

• Stir soups, sauces, gravies and chilies while the container is in an ice water bath. The ice water depth should be equal to or greater than the food depth.
  • Transfer hot foods to shallow pans with a product depth of four inches or less and refrigerate. Pans may be uncovered until the food temperature reaches 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Cut solid foods, such as roasts of meat, into portions of six pounds or less after cooking and prior to cooling.
  • Using special refrigerators known as "rapid chill units," specifically designed to cool foods much faster than standard refrigerators. These units are especially useful when large quantities of foods are prepared in advance.

The second point seems most applicable here.

I know we're not running a restaurant, but here are some accepted guidelines and methods for quickly cooling and storing cooked product...

The second point seems most applicable here.

What am I missing? This just says pans MAY be uncovered. It does not say pans MUST be uncovered to safely chill the cooked meat down.

If I want the milk in my fridge and everything else to take on a smoke smell, I guess that would work.:tsk:

Back