I could use some fattie help please.

A real simple breakfast I make is like a casserol. Take 9x13 baking dish, or as large as you need.

Fry up some sausage and bacon, add prepackaged hash browns, add favorite cheese. Mix, put in pan and cover with beaten eggs. Fill egg mix almost to top. Bake at 350 for about 45-hour till the eggs set. last 10 mints you can add more cheese to top. It is hearty, can add just about any meat you want. Can be served plain or with gravy. Simple!

Wednesday
Breakfast
Sliced Stuffed Fatties on Biscuits
I’m thinking the tube type of biscuits so you don’t have to get up so early and you can warm the stuffed fatties in the microwave.

Biscuits are another item that freeze well and thaw quickly when needed! We wouldn't want CG to get the reputation of using prepackaged run-of-the-mill type ingredients in her meals, would we? =)

Jeanie! Don't forget to grab some Spring roll wrappers @ the store (are those pre-packaged??) :biggrin: and wrap up some of that pig with slaw (none of that mayonaise laiden slop though, godda have the sweet & tangy carolina style) and fry them in the cast iron over the fire - great appetizers! YUM!!!

Jeannie......................;}-

I have done it both ways and prefer the make-wrap-freeze and thaw method.
Take em out the night before. It gives me time to think about what I want to stuff with,and get IT prepped.
Have fun and,
SMOKE HAPPY
Stan aka Old School :)-

P.S.
post your pic! All your fans want to know???

I think this is the first time I've seen so many guys admit that 'They do it both ways'...

Going to my room now...

OK, I'm Back...
Wednesday
Breakfast
Sliced Stuffed Fatties on Biscuits
I’m thinking the tube type of biscuits so you don’t have to get up so early and you can warm the stuffed fatties in the microwave.

Biscuits are another item that freeze well and thaw quickly when needed! We wouldn't want CG to get the reputation of using prepackaged run-of-the-mill type ingredients in her meals, would we? =)
I stand corrected... I've just never had that much luck with frozen biscuits... How are you thawing them. Do you just put them into an oven frozen?

Jeanie! Don't forget to grab some Spring roll wrappers @ the store (are those pre-packaged??) :biggrin: and wrap up some of that pig with slaw (none of that mayonaise laiden slop though, godda have the sweet & tangy carolina style) and fry them in the cast iron over the fire - great appetizers! YUM!!!
Now that's a great idea!

Breakfasts are always the hardest for me.... we seem to stay up way too late visiting and getting up early to cook breakfast is a challenge. :shock::biggrin:

I found this one just for you, it would be a good choice for one of your breakfast meals.
As for fatties, I never froze fatties b4 or after cooking em cuz they is usually gone, but my vote is fer cooking em then freezin. Here's the recipe and I like it.

Oven-Poached Eggs in Spinach Nests

This one-dish meal is packed with low-fat protein and gives your guests a head start on their daily veggie quota.

Ingredients Spinach Nests
Cooking spray
3 eggs
1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
1 pound lowfat small-curd cottage cheese
4 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Eggs
8 large eggs
1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Swiss or
Parmesan cheese
4 English muffins, split and toasted
1⁄2 cup slivered red bell pepper, optional
1⁄2 cup slivered onion, optional

Instructions 1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. To prepare the spinach nests, combine eggs, flour and cottage cheese; whisk well. Add spinach, salt and pepper; stir well. (This can be done up to 2 days ahead). Press mixture into prepared dish. Make 8 indentations with the back of a spoon (where the eggs will later be placed). Bake 25 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and using a spoon, hollow the nests out even more deeply. Break an egg into each indentation. Bake 15 minutes or until whites are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1 minute.
4. Place 1 egg and spinach nest on English muffin half. Garnish with slivered red pepper and onion, if desired.
Serves 8.

Last edited:
PM me if you want me to send you BrisketBob’s secret chili sauce recipe. I like it because I can it in mason jars and keep it on the shelf. Oh, and I’ll talk to Bob about giving you the recipe or you can just bat those lovely eyes at him and watch him melt like I do.

You melter, you!!:-D

I do owe ya Jeff. :wink:
I'd love to have Bob's recipe if he's willing to share.

Okay, now I'm meltin!! By all means, share the recipe at will. The good thing about it, is that is a base red chile sauce so you can jazz it up or down from there. Hope you and your guests enjoy it, if it works out.

Okay, I can't believe I'm about to give a recipe to Jeanie, but here's a quick, easy, and tasty recipe for breakfast. I usually add hot sauce, too.
Ingredients:
Canned Crescent Rolls
Scrambled Eggs
Crumbled Fatty (I use non-stuffed, but you could use a stuffed one, I think)
Greased Lg. Muffin Pan

Unroll Crescent Dough (it should come out as several triangles, attached in one large roll)
Remove TWO dough pieces still attached, forming a square instead of a triangle.
Fill each hole of muffin pan with dough squared (making a cup inside)
Fill each dough cup with mixture of scrambled eggs and fatty
Bake in oven according to directions on Crescent Roll can (or until the crust is golden brown)
Remove muffins from oven, let stand a couple of minutes and remove from pan.
[FONT=&quot]Serve and enjoy[/FONT]

I freeze them first and most of the time I don't even wait for them to thaw before throwing them on the smoker. Still good to me.

They are very easy to unwrap when they are frozen. The meat does not stick to the wrapper then. I read a thread once where someone was saying that they never stuff a fatty, just bring the JD chub home from the store, freeze it, and when ready, cut the plastic of the chub longways, and the fatty just falls out...

They are very easy to unwrap when they are frozen. The meat does not stick to the wrapper then. I read a thread once where someone was saying that they never stuff a fatty, just bring the JD chub home from the store, freeze it, and when ready, cut the plastic of the chub longways, and the fatty just falls out...
That's how I do my plane ones... No Muss, No Fuss... I just roll the 'Chub' in some rub and on it goes...

Has anyone ever made stuffed fatties in advance, then wrapped and kept them in the freezer til needed?
Would I just thaw them and then smoke em?

Or would it be better to smoke the fatties in advance and freeze the smoked fatties?

Thank you for any advice!

YES

Also, try a 3bean casserole... or add an extra type of beans to make it a 4bean or 5 bean.

Here is an easy one:
1-12 oz can green beans
1-12 oz can yellow wax beans
1-12 oz can red kidney beans
1 cup vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sliced/chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced/chopped bell pepper
we add:
1-12 oz can garbonzo beans
1-12 oz can black beans
you can add navy beans or any other type if you want to or substitute one for another.
If you want a little kick, chop up a jalepeno pepper.

How abt a meat loaf, just freeze and warm in the oven when ready, along with baked potato and ??? for a veggie.

I had forgotten about meatloaf! We usually make up 3 or 4 wrap in frezer paper and freeze. Start them out frozen in a 350* oven for an hour and a half and it's brown gravy time.

Damn, now I'm hungry again!

Dang! I knew I could count on my Brethren family to help me out. So many great ideas and recipes!! I owe you all big time! :cool:

Jeanie,

With all this eating, when are they going to have time to hunt?

They guys come and go all day...... we women sit at the dining room table and shoot anything that we see from the window. lol Last year I got a nice buck from the front porch.
After company leaves I'll be able to get out to hunt more.

Thank you all again... I appreciate the help!!

lol I've got an outfit just like that Smoke-n-my-i's... :biggrin:

Norco.... lol!

i'd like to see you make a big ole skillet of boat eggs. :biggrin:

What are boat eggs?
Not sure if this is what Rick meant, but when we were kids my dad used to make what he called egg boats. Essentially French bread cut on the diagonal with a hole about the size of an egg yolk. Prep the bread as in Texas Toast, drop onto a skillet or griddle and brown one side, turn over. Crack an egg and drop it down the hole, drop a cover on top and steam/baste/poach the egg until it is done to your liking.

Another great make ahead and freeze recipe is the Cracker Barrel Hash Browns Casserole. I make it once a month or so and I serve it up when I want it. It works with any meal.

SERVES 10 -12

Directions

1. 1

Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 x 14 baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. 2

Mix the above ingredients together, place in prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top.

Best of luck on the hunt. I know you need no luck with the food!

Back