I could use some fattie help please.

Gotta admit Rick's Boat Eggs have a bit more zing than mine :wink: ...
Gonna have to give them a try :eusa_clap

:biggrin: i've been making boat eggs for years. it's meant to be easy with few ingredients and can be made on top of a cooler with a white gas backpacking burner and a skillet at a nascar race.

Gotta admit Rick's Boat Eggs have a bit more zing than mine :wink: ...
Gonna have to give them a try :eusa_clap
Me too, I've got that recipe saved to favorites.
Jeanie, sorry I have no recipe for you. Quite frankly, your cooking skills scare the beejesus outta me!:shock:

Me too, I've got that recipe saved to favorites.
Jeanie, sorry I have no recipe for you. Quite frankly, your cooking skills scare the beejesus outta me!:shock:

lol Guerry, you made me spit my drink out! :biggrin: My cooking can be scary at times but I'm pretty easy going. :biggrin:

Redheart, great looking recipe too! Thank you!:wink:

They are very easy to unwrap when they are frozen. The meat does not stick to the wrapper then. I read a thread once where someone was saying that they never stuff a fatty, just bring the JD chub home from the store, freeze it, and when ready, cut the plastic of the chub longways, and the fatty just falls out...

That's how I do my plane ones... No Muss, No Fuss... I just roll the 'Chub' in some rub and on it goes...

Definitely my favorite way! Don't have to worry about the sausage flopping around. I think it also keeps them together on the smoker better.

Definitely my favorite way! Don't have to worry about the sausage flopping around. I think it also keeps them together on the smoker better.

You think I could make several stuffed ones, freeze them and just put them in my drum frozen?

You think I could make several stuffed ones, freeze them and just put them in my drum frozen?

Don't see why not. The sausage on the outside it all that needs to be cooked. The stuffing just needs to be warmed. Should work fine at low pit temps of 225 / 250 or so.

Don't see why not. The sausage on the outside it all that needs to be cooked. The stuffing just needs to be warmed. Should work fine at low pit temps of 225 / 250 or so.
I agree...

Just one thing, I would cook any vegetables prior to stuffing them. Starting them out frozen you may find that by the time the sausage is cooked, any vege's might be under cooked....

OK, I'm Back...

I stand corrected... I've just never had that much luck with frozen biscuits... How are you thawing them. Do you just put them into an oven frozen?

prolly should have clarified a bit... I cook the biscuits first, then freeze em' in a large ziplock. To defrost I remove them from the bag and allow to thaw a bit out in the open, otherwise they can get a bit soggy from condensation. You can reheat in the oven for a bit to allow them to come back to life. Now, don't get me wrong, these aren't going to be just like you baked em' fresh, but for something like biscuits & gravy, they work perfect.

I find that a biscuit with more fat cut into it makes for a better reheated biscuit too, the fat keeps it from soggin' up too much. I bet you could prolly cook em 3/4 of the way, freeze and toss back into the oven for the final crisp up...

BBQ spring rolls are killer! It's a good way to keep up the 7 day meat cleanse if you're tiring of the pulled pork sammies!

Thanks bro!

I'll give the frozen biscuits a try. I'll also try adding a bit more fat when I mke them..

I'm still going to try those spring rolls. They do sound killer!

Thank you Kevin!
Thanks for the biscuit info Knucklhed, anything that will save me time in the morning is good. :)

Jeff.. I owe ya. :wink:

I'll get started with some of this stuff and freeze it for deer season. :cool:

I'll get started with some of this stuff and freeze it for deer season. :cool:[/QUOTE]

When does season start out there? And I like the idea of making these and storing for a lazy day! :razz: Thaw, start UDS, open beer! 3x - one for each meal! :biggrin:

By the filling being" just warmed "you do mean 160+ right? As the filling has contacted raw meat...just saying.:wink:

OK Jeanie, the hunting week should be over... How did it go? How about sharing the menu... Some pron would be great to! (OK guys, get your minds out of the gutter! This is our girl here!!!)

Back