How do you cook your ribs?

How do you cook your ribs?

• I boil them.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I smoke them.

Votes: 110 94.8%

• Total voters
Man, this post made me laugh! I can identify!

for the lonngest time I used to rub the ribs, steam the ribs in a pan with 1" water and 2-3 lemons- in the oven for 2.5 hrs at 200-225.

Slap on the brinkmann offset smoker for 2 hours (or until I was beered out), then sauce and serve after the sauce carmelized.

They actually always turned out pretty good.

There are a couple of members of the family who still like this method better.

Man, this post made me laugh! I can identify!

for the lonngest time I used to rub the ribs, steam the ribs in a pan with 1" water and 2-3 lemons- in the oven for 2.5 hrs at 200-225.

Slap on the brinkmann offset smoker for 2 hours (or until I was beered out), then sauce and serve after the sauce carmelized.

They actually always turned out pretty good.

There are a couple of members of the family who still like this method better.

This still looks like it takes 6 hrs. Just smoke em!

I use the three-step process. Smoke em good for a couple of hours. Then throw em in a tub of boiling water and let em cook 'til their fallin off da bone. Remove from water and slap some store brand Q sauce on them. Call it good.

I use the three-step process. Smoke em good for a couple of hours. Then throw em in a tub of boiling water and let em cook 'til their fallin off da bone. Remove from water and slap some store brand Q sauce on them. Call it good.

Sounds good. I love store brand q. Have you tried Dollar Store brand? I think I may modify it by cutting the smoke down .5 hour and using a pressure cooker to finish.

Great Thread. Sticky moderators?

You guys got it all wrong
Here's the only way to cook ribs, Works for chicken too.

First, cut the slab into individual ribs,
then place in a 9x13" glass oven baking pan,
cover liberally with Kraft's Hickory BBQ sauce,
cover with foil tightly,
then into the oven at 300 degrees for an hour.

Best ribs you'll ever eat. Did I mention this works for chicken, too?

Enjoy,

Chuck

Over the years I've had many people tell me their secret rib recipe when they find out I like to Q. I've heard every variation of boiled, braised, baked and everything in between. I try to not be judgmental and to remember we all start somewhere and maybe give some guidance.

I only laugh at the blow hards that tell me I don't know what I'm doing and that if the rack doesn't fall apart when you try to take one, it's not done or as good as Tony Roma's.

You guys got it all wrong
Here's the only way to cook ribs, Works for chicken too.

First, cut the slab into individual ribs,
then place in a 9x13" glass oven baking pan,
cover liberally with Kraft's Hickory BBQ sauce,
cover with foil tightly,
then into the oven at 300 degrees for an hour.

Best ribs you'll ever eat. Did I mention this works for chicken, too?

Enjoy,

Chuck

Sounds good, Chuck!

Back