How do you cook your ribs?

How do you cook your ribs?

• I boil them.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I smoke them.

Votes: 110 94.8%

• Total voters
What would you suggest?

My first option would be hot and fast, with no foiling. Cooked @ 275-300 for 3.75-4.00 hours. Another would be cooking @ 250 no foil for 4.5ish hours. The other choices would involve foil and BBQ voodoo (I don't like to use foil during a cook, turns meat into mush).

Basically, the simpler, and less effort @ higher heat is the best way for me.

I'm a lazy SOB who happens to love great BBQ without jumping through all the (pre-conceived) hoops.

One thing I'll say since you asked is "225" is not the magic number for any type of meat. IMO, most types of meat benefit from higher temps and shorter cooking times.

You asked, sorry for the rant.

My first option would be hot and fast, with no foiling. Cooked @ 275-300 for 3.75-4.00 hours. Another would be cooking @ 250 no foil for 4.5ish hours. The other choices would involve foil and BBQ voodoo (I don't like to use foil during a cook, turns meat into mush).

Basically, the simpler, and less effort @ higher heat is the best way for me.

I'm a lazy SOB who happens to love great BBQ without jumping through all the (pre-conceived) hoops.

One thing I'll say since you asked is "225" is not the magic number for any type of meat. IMO, most types of meat benefit from higher temps and shorter cooking times.

You asked, sorry for the rant.

I appreciate the smoked suggestions but what are your boiling options?

I just have to ask, is this some sort of late night troll? WTH would anybody want to boil ribs?

Well, boiling is one of the fundamental ways of cooking. So, boiling ribs could be a good way of cooking them under the right conditions. It wouldn't be BBQ but it can probably turn out some good ribs with the right recipe.

Wouldn't you need to leave the membrane on? I would fully imagine that in the level 2 method the ribs would be so tender the membrane is the only thing holding them together. Maybe use the weed burner method mentioned earlier for that last lick of color.

I am wounded deeply.
You have insulted my secret family recipe held sacred for generations.
Just when this country is beginning to learn something about tolerance you come along and roll back decades of progress.
I hope you're happy!

I would like to say that the pics of the boiled ribs really turned my stomach:sick:. My mom ate my ribs once and asked if I boiled them first I liked to died.lol

Back