THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool, this is something I can get into... I hope the weather holds out and it doesn't snow like in Lake Placid... lol

weather's lookin' good so far!

Just a friendly nugget of advice... Scottie - the Connecticut River can run pretty fast so keep a'hold of your youngest at first til you get used to it. Follow the path around the field and don't try to go down the steep banks...they are not for the faint of heart or ankle.

I always try to get down there for some swimming at some point on Friday once we get set-up so I'll look for y'all.

yea - one week to go!

Cool, this is something I can get into... I hope the weather holds out and it doesn't snow like in Lake Placid... lol

Come on Scottie, it hardly ever snows in Vermont in July. Rain now that's another thing, I don't remember a dry Harpoon since 2003.

Our pace of life is a lot slower in Vermont, not like the hustle and bustle of Lake Placid. So come north and relax with a cold Harpoon :)

I'm in for $25.
I won't be competing but I'll be up there judging and partying with you all! Who's collecting funds?

Mike

Smack Smack Smack & BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!

I have to do some real work for a couple of days and All this Smack
talk starts.. Sully don't do drinking contests no more.. that came straight
from the judge or was that giving out candy to the school girls I can't
know. I do have a fresh jar of cherries ready for Harpoon. So who
learned the most about ribs.. Those how took the I Smell Smoke class or
those who took the Lotta Bull class?? And if you took both classes can
you combine both and kick some butt in Ribs.. Every team that loses to
Scottie donates $25 to cancersuckschicago.com.. I just picked two
bottles of Gentleman Jack.. One Clonesicle for friday night and one for
saturday night.. I think we might just be getting torn down at Harpoon
this year... I wish this was Harpoon weekend.. I can't wait.
Sully vs Willie... sounds like the American Royal of Beer Drinking.... Harpoon is the perfect venue.... Willie we will surely be drinking some fine
Harpoon beer.. Stop by for a cherry to top off all that beer

i will stop by and throw a few back hopfully i will have recovered from Willie-Palooza this weekend ive got 2 kegs on order for this weekend just in case everyone else wants to drink

Arrrrg Mr. Decker, so ye chooses to challenge ye Polocks? As the captain of this ship I accepts and as ye leaves fetch me the cabin boy with his skivvies on backwards.

Is it me or are some of the Long Island teams (Polacks & Bad Bones) to skeert to put thier ribs on the line. It's for a good cause.

Sorry Rich... I was just trying to keep your confidence level up as long as possible...

Bad Bones is officially in !!!! (It is $25 right ??????)

If you want you can all begin making your check out to Breast Cancer Help Inc. I'll support Willie's favorite charity for this one since he does a lot for them on Long Island.

Guy - Since I've got the pig pirate logo, shouldn't I be the one talkin "Pirate-ese" ??

i'm in for 25 under dr frankenswine, see you guys on friday !

by the way, do the judges up there like the vinager based sauce or do they like it sweet ???

thank you, down here we use a vinager-lard based sauce with some kick to it................ thats all i really know, i guess if sweet is the thing in harpoon i can get some cattlemans.............thanks again vinny

thank you, down here we use a vinager-lard based sauce with some kick to it................ thats all i really know, i guess if sweet is the thing in harpoon i can get some cattlemans.............thanks again vinny

I think the vinegar- lard sauce is the ticket, you can't make it hot enough. I use a lot of habenaro's in my sauce and the New England judges seem to like it. Remember this is Vermont, not for the feint of heart.

I think the vinegar- lard sauce is the ticket, you can't make it hot enough. I use a lot of habenaro's in my sauce and the New England judges seem to like it. Remember this is Vermont, not for the feint of heart.

Grape Jelly and a bottle of Daves Insanity sauce works for me !! Hey what about the turtles ? Talk about fraidy cats !!!!!!

If you want you can all begin making your check out to Breast Cancer Help Inc. I'll support Willie's favorite charity for this one since he does a lot for them on Long Island.

I like Willie's chances. Some folks might remember his demo on 'The Best Ribs Ever' last year:cool: I know I do, because I still have some of the video on my phone:cool:

I like Willie's chances. Some folks might remember his demo on 'The Best Ribs Ever' last year:cool: I know I do, because I still have some of the video on my phone:cool:

Ah, yes. He was in total control of that demo...

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, just because I don't know any better, have a new rib recipe and this is our first Harpoon, count the Champlain Pit Crew in. Just let me know where the $25 needs to go.

Gary

Back