Habanero Death Dust...

Mine shows up tomorrow, so excited!

edit: OMG showed up tonight. I didn't have anything to try it on but my finger, but it was delicious. Also one thing I noticed that really stood out to me was the texture. I love it. I like my rubs *very* fine and very consistent. This was just a hair coarser than Lawry's season salt, which is basically perfect for me, and there didn't seem to be much if any variation in size between the different sizes. Now I have to go find something for dinner to try it on.

Last edited:
We have Death Dust!
Thanks KCMike!

43b56880-fe95-a649.jpg

Bump. Still available Mike? We're going to mix some HDD in with the glaze for our twice smoked ham tomorrow. :thumb::thumb:

Wet finger tested :shocked: mine last night. Fantastic. Quite a zing! Cant wait to use it! Gunna do something similar to what deguerre mentioned.

Man...that stuPh went Phast the Phirst couple of weeks in Casa Phubar!
Glad I've still got 1/3 lePht of the HDD.
...should've used that for my chicken yesterday.:tsk:
Gonna save the rest for special occasions.:wink:

Y'all have bought 55 lbs in just a week... So, I went ahead and ordered another batch.... so we'll be good till at least Christmas. :thumb: :becky:

The ham glaze sounds kickass!

I wonder how much of that 55lbs I can talk my wife into letting me buy :biggrin:

I've got a fully cooked hickory smoked ham. I'm scoring it with a 1" diamond pattern and inserting cloves into the groove intersections. I'm gonna take it to 110~120 on the grate (I'm targeting 250~275 for the pit temp), then bring into the kitchen and do the initial glaze and attach the pineapple slices. The glaze will have brown sugar, honey, a couple teaspoons of dried mustard powder, two TBS probably of the HDD, a wee bit of vinegar and then pineapple juice. Don't ask me for measurements as I just eyeball it until I have the consistancy I want. Mop, attach pineapple with toothpicks, mop again then back on the cooker (now in a pan) to finish at an IT of 140~145, mopping as needed during the rest of the cook.

I've got a fully cooked hickory smoked ham. I'm scoring it with a 1" diamond pattern and inserting cloves into the groove intersections. I'm gonna take it to 110~120 on the grate (I'm targeting 250~275 for the pit temp), then bring into the kitchen and do the initial glaze and attach the pineapple slices. The glaze will have brown sugar, honey, a couple teaspoons of dried mustard powder, two TBS probably of the HDD, a wee bit of vinegar and then pineapple juice. Don't ask me for measurements as I just eyeball it until I have the consistancy I want. Mop, attach pineapple with toothpicks, mop again then back on the cooker (now in a pan) to finish at an IT of 140~145, mopping as needed during the rest of the cook.

Thanks Guerre,
That sounds good!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving!

While I was smoking a ham and A turkey Thanksgiving Day I decided to try a couple things I have never cooked before. ABTs and pig candy. :-D

First I took whipped cream cheese and sprinkled HDD into it and mixed it up.
Then stuffed it in the jalapeno peppers.
Then I wrapped them with bacon and rolled them in brown sugar.
Put them on the grill (indirect heat).
Pulled about 1/2 Hr.
Results. WOW!! They tasted awesome and were a huge hit!

I think I would use the regular cream cheese next time because the whipped seemed to get too soft.

DSC03946.jpg

Now for the pig candy.
Rolled thick bacon in brown sugar then sprinkled with HDD.
Coated with maple syrup and let cool.
Another huge hit on Thanksgiving day! :-D
Turned out Awesome!

DSC03949.jpg

Last edited:
I received my shipment last week along with some venison rub and wild game rub. Its not as hot as I thought it would be which is good. I mixed some into my injection and rubbed a bit on a pork butt I monday and it turned out great. Good stuff!

I just got some a week or so ago and Love it my son uses it on just about everything including soup LoL Going to have to order more as fast as its getting used up.

pwa

I could not take all this talk of HDD anymore. Just ordered up a pound as well as the sampler pack. Can not wait to give this a try. :-D

Back