Free Rub !!! Please help

Mr. Wicks I got the rub today. First impression; I tried it on some pork chops its on the sweet side which is not an issue with me. I feel that it could use a bit more salt in it for heavier meats. Weather permitting I will smoke some yardbird this weekend, which I believe it will be awesome on the chicken. I will keep you posted. All in all with a bit tweaking it will be great.

Thanks Again.

I tried it on some BB's this past Wednesday , I to thought it was weak on the salt, I wasn't expecting a kick or Heat from it, but thought it would have a little Bite to it. Normally I add Garlic Salt to beef and pork, but did not do so otherwise it wouldn't be a fair test. I think it would be a good chicken rub though. Will try some chicken next week, and when I do my pork chops this weekend I'll add my garlic salt first,then the rub and see how that Changes it, Again thanks for the chance to test this out for you... I'll get back to you on the pork chops...

MRWICKS,

Thanks so much for the sample, I tried the rub out on some chicken thighs the other day - really like the sweetness and sutble herb taste it brings to yardbird. I would add a bit more salt and maybe make a spicer version. All in all a good rub with great possibilites. Thanks again.

Thanks very much for the generous sample. I used it with no added salt or any other seasonings on some yard bird and some abt's. I think it tastes great. Like some said it might need more salt for meats but I thought it tasted great on the chicken. Gonna try a pork but with it this next week.

First, let me say that you are much faster at shipping rub than I am at using it :icon_blush:. Thanx for the good sized sample. I used it on a butt, a full rack of spares & some chicky hind quarters. I think that this rub works best on the chicken, although a bit of heat & salt would help.
As others have mentioned the lack of salt was different to say the least. All in all, I think that you have a very good flavor profile as your base and building on it should be a lot of fun :-D. Again, thanx for letting me try this.

Attachments

• 100_1440.jpg
    100_1440.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_1441.jpg
    100_1441.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_1445.jpg
    100_1445.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 68
Ok first you got some fast shipping, second I did wings cause they are cheap, just incase the rub sucked. Third I did the wings on the grill with no smoke and no brine just your rub. First impressions just smelling the rub in the bag. It had a slight cinnamon smell. After they were grilled it had less of a smell but it was still there. In my opinion I would add a touch of salt, cut back on the cinnamon and add a touch of heat other than that you have a very nice rub. I did ten wings and will try five guys at work with no sauce and five to the same guys with my homemade bbq sauce and get back to you tomorrow with the results. Good job. Thanks bro.
ohiowithjennaandkyleandrandoms200.jpg

ohiowithjennaandkyleandrandoms201.jpg

Got the sample thanks much. I think it needed more salt and heat. I added 3 tbs of kosher salt and 2 Knorr chipotle bullion cubes. It might be too hot for some. Try it on my next cook. Thank again very much.

First, thanks for the sample. I like the smell, even though it was a bit on the sweet side. Also had a hint of smokiness, which is good.

I used it on a Bob Evans fatty - your rub alone - and it came out really good. I didn't notice a problem with it not being salty enough, but that could be that the sausage was salty enough to take care of that.

I will try it on chicken in a day or two (Lord willing) and give you more feedback. So far, I like it...

Well tried it out on five coworkers last night. Four said it had a flavor they couldn't discribe but one said it smelled like ginger or cinnamon. All said it was great on the chicken wings a couple said a little salt and a touch of heat would be nice but the one guy that smelled the different smell said why change it up cause if he does he'll have a rub that tastes just like everyone elses. I think he had a point so it's something to think about. Only problem I had was with two of the samplers both would eat a dirt sandwich so I would take what they said with a grain of salt. Godd luck and thanks for letting us try it. I liked it.

PM sent

Fark! Didn't notice how many pages long this was, all I saw was "Free" and "Rub" and I was all over it!
Whoopsie!

Last edited:
Back