Fall bash is under way!

PimpSmoke said:
At the risk of egging it on...............

I am covered with little prick marks:eusa_clap

Whew! Then I'm off the hook... I don't have a little one... :eek:

It was great meeting the bash virgins (Bull, Pimp (even though we met in Racine), VooDoo (it's always nice to find another Q'er so close!), Jeff (nice cooker, BTW!) and seeing the veterans again! As usual I ate too much, drank enough and laughed almost constantly! We had chinese carry-out for dinner last night for a change of pace!

Oh... Bill... I think you spent a little too much time with Phil. You're starting to type like him :rolleyes:

Guys & Gals,
I’ve been amongst the quiet for a time. I deal with stuff that way. Oh, I’ve logged on and lurked, but didn’t have anything to say. Just dealing with KC’s passing. So young! So unfair!!! He was there with you in spirit……..and that alone made it a BASH to remember. I couldn’t make it due to financial considerations etc.
So, I missed another one. I’m glad everything turned out well. That was surely Scott watching out for us, again. I’ve read the posts, and thought about quoting someone, but there are so many good ones, I’m at a loss.
Rock on Brothers. Maybe next time…

Any one who ever attended one is there is Spirit Cabo, for usually previous stories and laughs are reshared with newer attendees.

And YOU my friend, are always there ins "spirits" as well, for you started the blue bottle tradition that continues today.

willkat98 said:
Any one who ever attended one is there is Spirit Cabo, for usually previous stories and laughs are reshared with newer attendees.

And YOU my friend, are always there ins "spirits" as well, for you started the blue bottle tradition that continues today.
Damn right. Cabo is the official bash shooter.:wink: The blue bottle is our friend. The little blue pills on the other hand...:rolleyes:

Once again, another bash without any major injuries or arrests. Thanks to everyone who helped to reintroduce me to alcohol. While I think I surpassed my 1 a week limit, it wasn't by much. Especially considering how infrequently I interact with fellow humans. Yes I actually actually know what a sheep's A$$ looks like.

And a special thanks to Greg and T-bird; again.

Bigdog said:
Damn right. Cabo is the official bash shooter.:wink: The blue bottle is our friend. The little blue pills on the other hand...:rolleyes:

Is that what was in the car that made the little prick marks?

Remember, if it lasts more than 36 hours see your doctor!

Great Pictures Ron.
Thanks.

The KC tree planting--well, you can almost feel the emotion there.
Well done guys.

Final note--
Damn Pimpster. I really liked your avatar a lot. Your "image" is busted now :redface: :lol:

TIM

The_Kapn said:
Final note--
Damn Pimpster. I really liked your avatar a lot. Your "image" is busted now :redface: :lol:

TIM
Had me fooled!!

Do I start a new album or add to Ron's? I haven't used this before... Gotta head out to the park board meeting... I'll check when I get home later.

Brothers, Finally got a chance to pass along my thoughts of the Fall Bash.
First and foremost a huge huge thanks to the hosts Greg and Teresa for allowing me a perfect stranger to invade their beautiful home. I must not forget Wilma and Fred. They were the most gracious folks I have ever met.
It was such a joy to meet Willkat, Phooba, BigDog, Pimpsmoke, Mark, MarkL, Voodo, Bob and John(Gregs awesome neighbor) for the first time in person. I hope I didnt miss anybody did I?
I had met Jeff and Neil at the Grand Rapids Mi. contests earlier this year. I must say, as I told my wife I had one of the best times of my life spending time with all you fine folks. I sampled new food and drinks that ive read about on this forum. Things that ive never had a chance to do. I learned all different methods of whipping up awesome of Q. I learned that you folks prefer burning mostly charcoal and using just a few logs for the smoke flavor.
I definately ate way too much food. Man meat and other different types of jerky. Cheezy Bread was killer. Prime Rib.....OMG much better than a person could ever purchase in any restraunt in my area. I learned a lot about new things that apply to computors. Since my kids moved out Im a lost puppydog. Nobody to keep me abreast of improvements. Sorry I asked so many questions about putors guys. Smoked meat loaf and the fatties, puppy peters and everything else was also killer. Phil thanks for the best chili on earth. Mark my hands burnt for 2 days after I cleaned all them damned hot peppers. Jeff, I really do like your wheels on your cooker. Im sorry that I was acting a little down but Saturday evening I got notification of a family member who had passed. I got the first one Friday morning as Greg and I were picking up the memorial tree for KC. It was my neighbor man who lived acrossed the street from me. Ive been tied up with that since I got home from the bash. After the tree planting I got tearyeyed and had to go back to the porch. Thanks to all of you who donated rubs, sauces and coffee and everything else. Sorry I didnt get my sauce made in time to bring you all a jar.
Thanks again for allowing me to be allowed to attend the bash. It something that I shall never forget.
If any of you get near Lansing Michigan, please let me know and I can get some Q going.
Thanks again for your friendships and thanks again for Greg and Tresa's awesome hospitality.

Mike

bbqbull said:
I learned that you folks prefer burning mostly charcoal and using just a few logs for the smoke flavor.
Mike

<*gasp gasp gag brrapppppp*>

:eek: :eek: :eek: Not from me!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You must've been hangin with Jeff and his Spicewine.. but over by the BYC.... STICKS!

STICKS!!!

STICKS!!!

AND MORE STICKS!!!

charcoals a fire starter...

Lump is a coal bed(when needed)...

BUT STICKS BE THE FUEL!!! and the flavor.

Ugh... man make fire.. Fire good.. :wink:

Im done know.. Rant over. :mrgreen:

and it was great to meet u too! :tongue:

Phil, Yes Jeff uses a ton of charcoal but so did Bob w/his new smoker, mostly coal, and a stick. I use strictly sticks on my Klose Mobile as it has gas assist, awesome for starting fire very very fast.

Once again, it looks like a great time was had by all. Once again, a previous engagement made me a no show. Maybe next time.

I wonder how would I fit in if I've never humped a cooker? I love smoking, but I guess some of my Brethren are more "passionate" than myself?

Silly farkers.

Did anyone else notice the bonfire had a pretty strong smell of hickory to it?

Steve, did you?

:shock:

:twisted:

StLouQue said:
Once again, it looks like a great time was had by all. Once again, a previous engagement made me a no show. Maybe next time.

I wonder how would I fit in if I've never humped a cooker? I love smoking, but I guess some of my Brethren are more "passionate" than myself?

Silly farkers.

You might be a Brethren if you've ever humped a cooker.

Back