THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This dish gets 4 thumbs up:clap:
IMG_7780_zps6111d713.jpg

(Siskel + Ebert) ^2...........................................:twitch:

This is my entry into the Japanese unknown.

I have no idea what I'm doing here.....I'll blame it on the Saki.

Today's cook is Sumo Chicken, Teriyaki marinated Skirt Steak. Soup and special Egg Roll.
I found some large jalapeños at the store and they needed to be roasted.

View attachment 84518
View attachment 84519

I also bought a Sumo sized chicken and he agreed to pose for us.

View attachment 84520

For the Special Egg Roll I'll need a pound of bacon.

View attachment 84521

Then I will need some shrimp for the soup and Special Egg Roll.

View attachment 84522

Here are the ingredients for the Special Egg Roll.
Bacon, roasted jalapeños sliced lengthwise, ****ake mushrooms, snow peas, green onion and shrimp.

View attachment 84523

In the Won-ton wrapper

View attachment 84524

I saved the rendered bacon fat and added some more I had on hand and cooked the Egg Rolls like this

View attachment 84525

Meanwhile I was marinating skirt steak in teriyki sauce and is ready for the skewers

View attachment 84526

I set up a hibachi rig on the Webber OTG using some bricks to raise the meat up a bit. I thought the skewers I used were bamboo, but after some started to burn I saw they were not. Even after soaking in water for 3 hours.

View attachment 84527

I also threw together a soup using chicken stock and rice noodles I found at the store. Tossed in some ****ake mushrooms, snow pea pods, carrot, peas, green onion and shrimp

View attachment 84528

This was all a shot in the dark for me, for I really don't know Japanese cooking. Most was done on the fly.
Here is the table shot with Sumo Chicken Joining in

View attachment 84529

And the plate shot

View attachment 84530

Everything was great. I can't begin to express how wonderful the Special Egg Roll was cooked in bacon fat. With the roasted jalapeño and bacon inside, it was out of this world!

Sumo Chicken says "dewamata" for now I think he is going to finish off the Saki.

View attachment 84531

Please use this as my entry shot

View attachment 84529

Last edited:
Back