THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is my entry...

Grilled Sesame Chicken with Udon Zoodles

Cook thread

JapaneseTDEntry_zps16014f11.jpg

Last edited:
I planned my meal and took beef out of the freezer for it but will not be able to do the cook. I even bought edamame and sake for it! This week has been next to impossible with deadlines met and not met and we're going out of town again tomorrow. Regrets for not being able to provide a Japanese entry or join in discussion of the cooks. Good luck in your cooks!

Did you make obnoxiously loud slurping noises when you ate it? Looks good, but it is not authentic without the obnoxiously loud slurping noises.

CD

Please tell me you didn't Ronelle as I really want to vote for your dish and that would ruin it for me... :mmph:

Damned if I did, damned if I didn't :doh:

As soon as I learn to post pics from photobucket I'll add my entry

Here's the simplified instructions...

Go to you Photobucket album and mouse over the picture that you want to post. A gear icon will come up. Click on it and then on Get Links. Click on the IMG Code and it will be copied to your computer's clip board.

Then, come here and paste the link into you post where you want it to go.

Repeat as needed.

This throwdown brought back memories from when I was stationed on Okinawa back in the 80's when the yen rate was over 200 to the dollar. After a night out or a day checking out the sites I would always grab either some yakisoba or chicken yakitori to eat on my walk back to base.
Last nights dinner was my first attempt at making those dishes.

Yakitori ingredients

chicken swimming in the marinade

[URL="http://s821.photobucket.com/user/deuce150/media/b_zpsaecd5e70.jpg.html"]

[/URL]yakisoba ingredients

Charcoal ready to go

veggies getting happy

yakisoba is done

chicken on the grill

dinner is served

Please use the above pic as my entry into the throwdown.

The chicken yakitori was very good. The yakisoba was good but not quite there. I'll keep tweaking the recipe to get it right.

It was a fun trip down memory lane and my family enjoyed it.

Thanks for looking.

Wow, four thumbs! Woo hoo!

I have a relative down south, who has two full fingers, he worked for a Chinese butcher down there, his FIL. Said the fingers get numb and you just cut them off sometimes. :twitch:

Back