DCS Grill grates question

brizine

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Brian
I am the proud new owner of a gently used DCS 48. It was missing the grates and the ceramics that go underneath the grates. I have found the ceramics through an aftermarket source, but the stainless grates are unique to DCS as they are u shaped to help drain the grease to a grease management system. For those of you with DCS grills, are the factory grates worth the money or should I just order good stainless bar aftermarket grates?

Thanks in advance, Brian

I’m no help but I’m betting someone will come by that is.

Welcome

I have a DCS 36 and know exactly what you're talking about as I have the same grates. They're basically reversible to catch to grease or flip them over to use them as traditional grates. I can tell you that I personally haven't used them to catch the grease but a few times. They are solid though and unique as no other grill I've seen comes with those type of grates. Even the new DCS don't.

Below is a link for DCS direct and they have them cheaper than any other retailer. I've bought from them directly so they are solid and located here in SoCal in Orange County. I've bought my ceramic radiants from them. Pretty much all I replaced was the ceramic radiants and the radiant holding trays in the last 13 years since I've had the grill. I bough it used as well 13 years ago and they're indestructible. I use mine heavily. Only things go out on them are the igniter electrodes but I use a torch to get it going and have had no issues. Solids grill and even temps anywhere you put the food on.

Here's the link for the grates. Just plug in a part number by googling and search. You can order direct from them.

https://www.dcsappliances.com/us/search?q=212272P&lang=en_US

Back