Cooking for a girl this week, need ideas

Another girl opinion...
Find out what she likes - then go for it. If Big Al cooked seafood for me he would have been eating alone... I can't eat sea bugs. The pizza and or kabobs are a great idea, especially if you have a few choices and can do it together. It will be an opportunity to work on something together, and get to know one another better. The fact that you took the time to plan this will win you lots of points. One sure bet is something chocolate for dessert....
Good luck brother!

That's a great idea.... a joint effort!

To answer a few other questions:

She is 20
I'm 21

And yeah I guess I should ask her what she would like

I'll report back

College haze... i mean college days... Way back when.
Definitely an appetizer, main dish, and dessert.
Chocolate and whipped cream.

Not to forget a preferred choice of beverage.

Go with light meat & salad. As in grilled pork tenderloin sprinkled with your favorite rub, and then sliced into medallions for plating. Save the build your own pizza, carbs (the crust) & (garlic breath) for the second date. If there is anyway to find out if she is a seafood lover, grilled lobster tail & salad is top drawer stuff. However being a student does limit the budget so the pork tenders might be a better fit.

I've got a daughter out there finishing up her college tour. Since bbq passion is hereditary, she fires up a pretty mean grill when time allows. She even has her own recipe for pork tenders that she's done for tailgating and there are never any leftovers.

Good luck and GO CATS!!

Champagne, grilled lobster tails, artichokes, smooth jazz, and candlelight...heavy on the champagne...trust me on this! :wink:

Don't over do it the first time. Apply the KISS method.Start with champagne and strawberries. Remember 'Pretty Woman'? I'll bet she does But don't tell her that's where YOU got the idea. Do some Blackened chicken or fish on the grill and put it on some grilled veggies with Grilled flat bread and butter on the side. For dessert Grilled pineapple glazed with brown sugar and butter on pineapple sherbert with a tablespoon or two of tequila on the top. After that you're on your on. :)

Last edited:
Pack a lite dinner (wine, cheese, good quality bread, grapes, strawberrys and chocholate) take her to the Konza Prairie about an hour before sunset to see the spring bloom and watch the sun set over the flint hills.

If not, take her to the tuttle puddle and go fishin.

Just cooking for a college lady should get you some points; it worked back in the day for me!
Chit, best they usually get from a guy is food in a box, lol

Boiled "Spam" and a bottle of "Annie Green spring" wine... If she puts up with that, she must like you and "NOT" yer cookin...

Pack a lite dinner (wine, cheese, good quality bread, grapes, strawberrys and chocholate) take her to the Konza Prairie about an hour before sunset to see the spring bloom and watch the sun set over the flint hills.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Why not do some kabobs on the grill.. let her make her own so she gets what she wants... juliene different colored bell peppers with sweet onions add a little soy for an asian slaw, and follow that up with a little mojito action to get things going just right.

I agree. Do a kabob of each; shrimp, steak and chicken + veggies. Side of wild rice and maybe a strawberry shortcake desert. Good luck!

Lots of great ideas here.

I like dinner slow..hors d'oeuvres and a good cocktail...grilled protein, veggies and a nice salad with wine..a light dessert to share.

Is she into fitness, and taking care of herself? If she is, she will appreciate you stearing clear of the heavy cream or pasta choices and going with something a bit more healthy.

How about a nice T-Bone to show your primal manly side and light dessert to show the sweet sensitive side.

Im a charmer so I recommend a big greasy burger, pulled pork with sauce running off. Pork chops and corn on the cob, maybe even chicken, no silverware, hands only. See what she is made of, 12 pack of refreshing beer of her choice. And if she doesnt like it IMHO she aint the right one. If she smiles with a face full of sauce and grease running to the elbows, tell her who i am. And yes, im single for a reason.

Well...what the verdict KSUBBQ? Have you made your decision or just decide to just take her down to Rock-A-Belly Deli for a Western and a tall girl?

Enquiring minds want to know...

I'd also have to go with the grilled pizza. I used to use the fresh pizza on prospective dates - I didn't grill, but I made everything from scratch. I got lucky on the last one and wound up marrying her. Made the pizza for her and her parents - they were impressed until we eloped. Then they wanted to kill us....but that's another story.
Do it all from scratch, add some salad, a nice red wine, and you're in....

Let us know how it goes!!

I wish I had seen this sooner. One thing everyone failed to ask is if this woman is just something to do or is she someone you want to keep. Cooking her dinner could just be a prelude to a one night pleasure trip. That would determine if you want to break out the big guns or not.

And yes Bigmista cooked jambalya on our first meeting but trust to know I was just something to do. I knew it and I was fine with it because so was he.

Back