Cooking for a girl this week, need ideas

She probably eats stuff like that all the time. He wants to impress her.

Find out what her favorite foods are & go from there.
well I think girls are impress with tiny things, examples things such as something wrapped in bacon or something. Something they know that it took you awhile to pre-pare.. You could always wrap aspargrass in bacon and make a dipping sauce..

I think making kabobs with colorful vegetables would me very appealing to the eye..

Brisket. Low and slow. While being polite and inviting her to join you, maintain that you must monitor the fire constantly and so stay by the smoker while drinking beer for the duration and revieve yourself in the shrubs.

Oh, you meant a good impression? :icon_bugeyed

Brisket. Low and slow. While being polite and inviting her to join you, maintain that you must monitor the fire constantly and so stay by the smoker while drinking beer for the duration and revieve yourself in the shrubs.

Oh, you meant a good impression? :icon_bugeyed

LMAO! Actually, I'm gonna say a brisket too. Go all out. Personally, I'd like to get an idea of her true eating habits. If she'll chow down on brisket, sides, a beer or a glass of wine and then says, "Fark the salad and the foo foo stuff,",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then she's a keeper.!! But that's just me. Having her come over and help monitor the pit and temps is a good idea too. Just don't piss in the bushes. Save that for the third or fourth date at least!!:wink:

Cook Meat my friend.

Brisket
Ribs
Pulled pork

Then have maybe a side of tato salad.

A 30 pack of Busch.

Find out how good of a sense of humor she has.

See if she runs away screeming just invite some single friends over. If she stays you might have a keeper.

I think a huge meal is a bad idea... Eat something light that was your not all tired and miserable after the meal....

When I met my wife, I had her over to my place and I made some food for her which I called "Slop". It was pretty much, everything I had left in the refridgerator (I was a bachelor come on!) and she reminds me it had peas in it (she hates peas)...

Don't put too much emphasis on the dinner. I ended up making an impression on my wife with playing some music and talking and when the right song came on, asking her to dance.

It was my early sappiness but look, I got the girl with one of the worst meals I've ever made and served! lol..

Crazy Hot Charcoal Grilled Fillet Mignon cooked to medium rare seasoned with just a dash or two of Tony Chachere's

Grilled asparagus, rolled in olive oil and seasoned with a little garlic salt

Twice baked potatoes

Starter salad of mixed greens with choice of blue cheese or balsamic vinaigrette dressings

Blackberry cobbler and vanilla ice cream for desert
Any girl that ain’t happy with that needs to be reconsidered :biggrin:

I second the seafood route - grilled trout, pan seared scallops, jumbo shrimp cocktail and maybe some raw oysters for you for later :icon_blush:

Don't know what your cooking on, but I would go with Filets, baked potato, salad and wine. And the other important part is a good basic bacon & cheese omelette with orange juice and toast in the morning.

Yeah...I guess you need to find out if she's a meat and 'tatoes type of a gal...if she is, you're golden!
Do some Moink balls for appetizers, that'll get things going nicely...
I haven't met a woman who hasn't liked my balls yet:mrgreen:

I met my wife at Rusty's one summer evening out front on the patio...she thought I was trying to pick up on her room mate, but it was her that I was after 8)

pizza on the grill man.... let her pick out the toppings.

have the dough ready and you can tag team what goes on top ( of the pizza )

This is a dang good idea too. Interactive dinner, she still gets to choose and you can't go wrong with pie............pizza pie, that is!!!:twisted:

What a thoughtful group of guys! I'm learning a lot on this thread. :cool: :wink:

Just a suggestion

Why not do some kabobs on the grill.. let her make her own so she gets what she wants... juliene different colored bell peppers with sweet onions add a little soy for an asian slaw, and follow that up with a little mojito action to get things going just right.

Back