Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Classic City BBQ Festival Aug 16 & 17

Downtown is a magical place. Will be interesting to see what crowd the event gets being right there.

That it is. Too bad we can't go on Thursday and get the downtown scene out of our system. First week of students being back as well. It should be pretty crowded. Of course it looks like everybody is on the back side of the classic center so there probably won't be too much foot traffic over that way.

That it is. Too bad we can't go on Thursday and get the downtown scene out of our system. First week of students being back as well. It should be pretty crowded. Of course it looks like everybody is on the back side of the classic center so there probably won't be too much foot traffic over that way.

Is that where we are being setup? Makes sense I guess. I hadn't heard exactly where the teams were going to be.

it looks like everybody is on the back side of the classic center so there probably won't be too much foot traffic over that way.

Have they published a layout?

The only thing I got from them says that our backyard spots will be 10 x 10.....WOW am I going to be cramped for space.

Is that where we are being setup? Makes sense I guess. I hadn't heard exactly where the teams were going to be.

From what I can gather from the email they sent out, the teams are going to be put in some parking lot across Foundry Street. They have been building a few new lots around there so I assume it must be in one of those. Not ideal, but I figured it being a new contest, they wouldn't let us shut down Thomas or Clayton Streets just yet. Maybe next year.

After a few weeks of effort, we were finally added to the pro-contest! Apparently, we will be completely off the grid from everyone. I'm seeing this trend where organizers are pushing us further away from the actual contest. Not something I am surprised about...just an observation :grin:

After a few weeks of effort, we were finally added to the pro-contest! Apparently, we will be completely off the grid from everyone. I'm seeing this trend where organizers are pushing us further away from the actual contest. Not something I am surprised about...just an observation :grin:

Oh Sh!t yeah!!! So should I bring 36 jars of mayonnaise this time???

Wow...you're really putting me on the spot here! Are you sure that will be enough?

Sorry :oops:........I should have just texted you............this is embarrassing.................but 36 should be enough though if my math is right. Though this is a college town so that throws another variable in the mix. Never mind, they have grocery stores near so if we need to get more. We'll figure it out Friday.

Lets test your downtown Athens history: who remembers Lawry's nickel night on Thursday nights? $5 at the door all drinks a nickel???

Lets test your downtown Athens history: who remembers Lawry's nickel night on Thursday nights? $5 at the door all drinks a nickel???

While not downtown, real Athens history has to include eating an Allen's hamburger and then finding your way downstairs to Between the Hedges for a drink or six.

Back