THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You're not wrong. It's about the lowest quality charcoal you can find, but I don't have one regret when I'm firing up a bunch for a few burgers or quick chicken lol. It would be good starter charcoal for offsets too.

Bought some a while back...Real junk...Burns quick and can't use the unburnt 'hardly'...I use it for steaks, fajitas, and anything quick, just to use it...Kingsford I can use and then use the unburnt, stretching the life...Gonna need some this summer too...

edit:...Our Sam's has 2X20# Kingsford Original....

Attachments

• Screenshot (44).jpg
    Screenshot (44).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
If you happen to drive by a Buccees, they sell the 20lb bags of BnB oak lump for $9.99/lb all day every day. They are typically well stocked with plenty of bags on hand.

I bought a ton since they were closing them out, Maple, Hickory and Signature. It's what Rec-Tec shipped with my friends new unit. They don't use filler, I haven't had any issues with them, Lowes just stopped carrying them so did a closeout on them (have a feeling the original cost was so high people just werent buying, so no use for them to keep stocking).

Last edited:
My local Ace is advertising 20lbs Blues Hog lump for $20/bag, normally $27/bag.

My local Ace didn't have the Blues Hog at all. The only deal they were running was Kingsford Original for a few bucks off. That said they had a metric crap ton of B&B, FOGO, Green Egg, and other charcoals. Lots of Weber chunks along with a ton of accessories for generic, Weber, Green Egg, and Treager.

Was a nice visit that I would have otherwise not taken. Will have to remember it.

Same as Home Depot Embers for 15 something for a 2 pack. That's what I use most of the time. Burns great.
I bought two bags of ember and because of the weird smell and taste it gave the food i set the second bag on the curb with a for free sign on it.

I bought two bags of ember and because of the weird smell and taste it gave the food i set the second bag on the curb with a for free sign on it.

Never had a problem as long as it’s allowed to burn off all the way like any fuel.

My local Ace didn't have the Blues Hog at all. The only deal they were running was Kingsford Original for a few bucks off. That said they had a metric crap ton of B&B, FOGO, Green Egg, and other charcoals. Lots of Weber chunks along with a ton of accessories for generic, Weber, Green Egg, and Treager.

Was a nice visit that I would have otherwise not taken. Will have to remember it.

Hmm… not seeing it online but it was definitely on a flyer that comes with the local paper. That said ours doesn’t stock any B&B or FOGO.

Back