THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sams has the 2 for $17.

Saw that today too & took a pic. Costco is better at 2x18# of Kingsford Professional for $16 or so.

XMqNu8kl.jpg

I am curious to see what Walmart rolls out this year if any. They had some banging deals in 2019, but 2020 they didn't return. I want that super basic RO 2x18# for $8.88 even $10 back dang it!

Last edited:
FYI - if you are in an area with Kroger. weekly add starts today. in my area, 16# kingsford original 7.99.

also, kroger brand is royal oak ridge. not seeing it in the ad but current price for 15.4 is 7.99, i would guess in store it is actually 6.99 or less. ??????

FYI - if you are in an area with Kroger. weekly add starts today. in my area, 16# kingsford original 7.99.

also, kroger brand is royal oak ridge. not seeing it in the ad but current price for 15.4 is 7.99, i would guess in store it is actually 6.99 or less. ??????

Not doubting you at all, but how do we know this? I saw where someone said GFS Select was RO Chef's Select under a different badge. Kroger brand is RO as well. Is there someplace that lists this, or is it all hearsay?

Lowe’s has kingsford pellets 20# for $5.39. Maple and signature blend.

For anyone in the STL area, wasn't advertised in the ad for whatever reason, but Schnucks brand briquettes are a little cheaper per oz at $6.50/15.?lb bag.

Thanks, any experience with these? Do they use filler woods such as Oak or Alder? At this price, willing to give 2 bags of the Signature a shot.

Sorry, no experience and haven’t looked into them at all. I figured worst case scenario I just use them on my high heat cooks.

That stuff is pure garbage, but I bought a ton of it last year and I am still burning it almost daily. Don't regret it at that price.

You're not wrong. It's about the lowest quality charcoal you can find, but I don't have one regret when I'm firing up a bunch for a few burgers or quick chicken lol. It would be good starter charcoal for offsets too.

I grew up grilling-not smoking. Kingsford and Gulf Lite. Meat charred+
I have zero problems trying new “to me” coals. Wife has to enter Walmart Land for pharmaceuticals later. The pharmacia is next to cooking section. I’ll see if I can rustle up $8 for a twin, if in stock

I grew up grilling-not smoking. Kingsford and Gulf Lite. Meat charred+
I have zero problems trying new “to me” coals. Wife has to enter Walmart Land for pharmaceuticals later. The pharmacia is next to cooking section. I’ll see if I can rustle up $8 for a twin, if in stock

Please report back if you have any sightings on deals.

Not doubting you at all, but how do we know this? I saw where someone said GFS Select was RO Chef's Select under a different badge. Kroger brand is RO as well. Is there someplace that lists this, or is it all hearsay?

they all have the same logo. r.o., ridge(actually says it is from r.o. on the bag,couldn't find a jpeg.) kroger. don't know about gfs. This is also stated in multiple threads on this forum dating back to 2012.

Last edited:
Back