THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HuskerMan

Full Fledged Farker
I’ve been out of the charcoal game for a little while now but finally back in it. Do they still have decent sales on charcoal for Memorial Day or are those days pretty much in the last?

Nothing last year. Many people think the ads were pulled due to crazy demand during the early lockdown. I too am on the hunt for sales this year but I’m not holding my breath.

Hoping so. Was really hoping Walmart would bring back the 2x18# of RO 'premium' briquettes for $10 along with 1x30# Western Lump charcoal for $10-12 again last year like that had in 2019, but no dice. Last years deals were pretty much non-existent. So far this year I've seen the 2x18# Kingsford blue bag & pro both marked do $4-5 in a few places, but nothing worth writing home about. I also picked up 2x20# Members Mark briquettes XL for $16 or so from Sams. Not sold on them yet as they generate a lot more flavor smoke than I expected from them, but the quality of product on them looks solid. Going through my first 2 bags of Members Mark. I picked up a 2 pack of Kingsford pro since they were on sale & I've enjoyed them in the past.

LOL, doc says i gotta stick with natty dry these days (doesnt exist AFAIK) but will have to spread. did you by chance pay attention to if there was a sale on royal oak lump?? walmart at $17/30lb is still the best lump deal for me.

I've just seen the Costco deal mentioned above by Suds and Swine. I always grab a couple of bags. It works well in my kettles for grilling.

I'll parrot what has already been said... Costco deal.

Local restaurant supply place carries lump, it's cheap, and I have a friend who owns a restaurant, so I can just say I work there (not open to the public).

The Costco deal on Kingsford seemed to be the one to beat, if you're a member of course. If anyone sees any deals on Pellets, please advise.

Thanks!

The Costco deal on Kingsford seemed to be the one to beat, if you're a member of course. If anyone sees any deals on Pellets, please advise.

Thanks!

I always get discount codes from Bear Mountain via email. Go sign up on their website.

I'm sure they have a sale coming up. Their pellets are really nice.

I always get discount codes from Bear Mountain via email. Go sign up on their website.

I'm sure they have a sale coming up. Their pellets are really nice.

Yes when I got my MAK last month that was one of the first things I did. Hoping something comes up next week!

Yes when I got my MAK last month that was one of the first things I did. Hoping something comes up next week!

You might see if you can find a local dealer because I can usually get them for $10/bag normal price or $7-8 when on sale at the place I buy them locally and that’s generally a better deal than when buying direct from the manufacturer when they’re doing sales.

You might see if you can find a local dealer because I can usually get them for $10/bag normal price or $7-8 when on sale at the place I buy them locally and that’s generally a better deal than when buying direct from the manufacturer when they’re doing sales.

^^^This, too.

They carry them at my local Tractor Supply. I'm there often. :thumb:

Yes I have a Tractory Supply Store but unfortunately it’s a 35 minute drive. If they were to run a sale I would probably drive over and buy several bags.

I believe the growth in pellet poopers has shifted the fuel market. My opinion is they are not producing as much briquettes as was done in the past. Thus no good sales, The $9.98 days of double 20# are gone.

That could be some of it as well. But my anecdotal observation is that much of the influx of new pellet grill owners either never had a grill/smoker at all, or came from a gas grill. Now anyone with $500 to rub together and access to a Home Depot is buying pellet grills with dreams of being the next Aaron Franklin in their head. Nothing wrong with that, I just think they’ve drawn in people who otherwise never were interested in barbecue…partly due to their ease of use but a lot also to marketing.

For those of you with a Dollar General nearby, I just got their flyer for next week. A 16lb bag of Kingsford Charcoal for $8.95 with digital coupon. Not stellar but beats the current Home Depot sale price of 1 bag for $10.

I saw the preview ad for Kroger and they will be having Kingsford pellets $15.99 for 20lbs.
I heard good about them but, will stick with Bear Mt. at TSC. Nothing on charcoal yet

Back