THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow, that is some outstanding looking fish! I really need to cook some up sometime soon (I think I have some walleye fillets in the bottom of the freezer somewhere).

That's good eats!

2fe50303ed873364bee23fd3357c46f4.jpg

Just absolutely lovely, Jeanie! I'm pretty sure if I ate that it would be my favorite meal I've ever had.

I think I'm gonna find me a turkey disguise...:spy: :hungry:

Nice...

I live in New Orleans...and that looks like it could have come straight outta this area.....

Have you lived down here before?

cayenne

Thanks everybody! This is one of my favorite things to make. Reminds me of the fun I had fishing, also reminds me of my mom. This was how she taught me to make etouffee. She could cook circles around me. :-D

Absolutely wonderful cook Jeanie. That wind was howling yesterday neighbor! Nice Tom in your yard you need a turkey tag. Ive got one to fill here in ks.
Thanks Joe! Hasn't the wind been a nightmare. Good luck with your turkey hunting. I've got my tom in the freezer. :thumb:

Looks fantastic, made me start craving catfish! Good looking Turkey too lol.

Thanks Smokiemon! Someday, I want to fish on your side of the state. :-D

One of my favorite meals, Étouffée on Blackened Fish, I've never had Étouffée on Blackened and Fried, thanks for the pro tip. :-D :thumb:
Looks wonderful Jeanie and I'll bet it tastes even better than it looks.
Thanks Kevin! Glad to hear you're a fan of the dish too. I'm pretty sure etouffee slapped on anything would be good eats. :becky:

Wow, that is some outstanding looking fish! I really need to cook some up sometime soon (I think I have some walleye fillets in the bottom of the freezer somewhere).
I love walleye! I catch a few here but not many. Bet the fishing is great in your area. Thanks!

Just absolutely lovely, Jeanie! I'm pretty sure if I ate that it would be my favorite meal I've ever had.

I think I'm gonna find me a turkey disguise...:spy: :hungry:

Thanks so much Greg! lol I'll never look at the turkeys in my yard the same way. Think I'll name one Greg. :becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I live in New Orleans...and that looks like it could have come straight outta this area.....

Have you lived down here before?

cayenne
Yes. ..and my family is from Louisiana and Mississippi. Thanks!

I've really got to stop opening your threads when I'm hungry! That looks great!

Thank you!! :-D

Droolicious Jeanie!

Thanks Husker! :-D

you sure you're from oklahoma? that looks pretty legit - coming from a guy that lives in the heart of cajun country.

My mom was a Southern Belle. Raised me on grits n gumbo. My family comes from southern LA and Mississippi. Thanks!

Fantastic job and great pictures for illustration. I thought for sure the wild turkey was also ending up in the fryer!:thumb:

I have one ready to cook. Just need more time and more people to eat it. lol Thanks!

Yet another amazing cook Jeanie. Sure wish we had a restaurant within 100 miles that could put out meals like yours. Great job on the post as usual, still waiting for that Coffee Table Book. :wink:

It doesn't matter what it is I'm always impressed and wish I were able to have just one or two little bites...Aw hell, at least two plates full, who am I trying to kid!

Back