Cajun Lobster

oldgfbbq

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
G-man
Nothing fancy, just boiled them with crayfish(crawfish) seasoning. They were very tasty and topped off a week of fly fishing and semi-annual visit. We typically end the week like this to combine our roots with local fare.

I'm wondering if there is a suggested way to get the seasoning on the inside of shell while cooking? Should I crack the shell or punch holes in the soft tissue in the joints?

Attachments

• lob1.jpg
    lob1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 172
  • lob2.jpg
    lob2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 174
Wow... that looks great. Not sure about getting the seasoning under the shell but if you're trying to get the meat seasoned I'd try a classic crawfish boil technique that lets the lobster sit in the seasoned water. You'll want to stop the cooking process by adding some ice (I prefer frozen water bags which don't dilute the boil). Let it soak for 30 minutes - the longer the spicier. We do this with shrimp all the time and it works great until crawfish come back into season.

Never tried it. But I broil and not boil. Split the top shell and prop her up, season as you like and grill or broil to perfection. Maybe you can feed it to the lobster ahead of time? LOL.

Never tried it. But I broil and not boil. Split the top shell and prop her up, season as you like and grill or broil to perfection. Maybe you can feed it to the lobster ahead of time? LOL.

That would be awesome! spice them via food

Wow... that looks great. Not sure about getting the seasoning under the shell but if you're trying to get the meat seasoned I'd try a classic crawfish boil technique that lets the lobster sit in the seasoned water. You'll want to stop the cooking process by adding some ice (I prefer frozen water bags which don't dilute the boil). Let it soak for 30 minutes - the longer the spicier. We do this with shrimp all the time and it works great until crawfish come back into season.

Thanks, that sounds like a winner to me

This

Yes, I'd like to second this.....

With crawfish boils down here, they generally use the same pot over and over and just keep adding seasonings to it as they go....

Hence, the latter batches are usually tastier and a bit spicier...

But one of the main things they do, with the HEAVILY seasoned (and I do mean heavily seasoned) water....is boil the critters to the proper point and then cut the fire, and either dump ice in, OR, I've seen set ups with water hoses hooked to rings that go around the top of the pot (outside) and run water down all sides on the outside to help cool it off quickly.

That letting the food set IN the seasoned water is a key point.

And although a crawfish is much smaller than a lobster, their body are largely the same...so, the methods should work on both....

That does look really GOOD this morning!!

cayenne

i've moved to sous vide for lobster with a light sprinkle of kosher salt, butter of course and a sprig of fresh tarragon. let the sous vide run at about 135* for about 45-60min. it comes out perfect every time.

Back