THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I made pizzas in my newly acquired XL BGE yesterday, and was careful to avoid cooking myself, but somehow I did end up pretty badly cooking the felt gasket. I had the egg running at about 650F with the platesetter in place. Can somebody tell me how to avoid cooking these gaskets? I think a new one is going to set me back around $15.

I'd go with a Rutland stove gasket on the bottom only.

Anyone have an extra gasket for my base? Just need one gasket, not the set. I'm embarrassed to say that I set my electric element down on it and burned a spot in it. Now it leaks. Was so pissed. Only cooked on it once for burgers and I burned the gasket by doing something stupid.

Anyone have an extra gasket for my base? Just need one gasket, not the set. I'm embarrassed to say that I set my electric element down on it and burned a spot in it. Now it leaks. Was so pissed. Only cooked on it once for burgers and I burned the gasket by doing something stupid.

DO'OH!

you could just 'patch' the gasket in the two places it burnt instead of replacing the entire gasket. many people run without a gasket and as long as you can maintain low-n-slow temps (~230 grid temp), you should be good to go.

Back