Brisket Wars -- SRF brisket cook -- Semi Live

BOGO is around Black Friday, it's totally worth it! We bought all our comp briskets for the year on that sale (blacks), just cooked one this past weekend. Love the SRF product!

How did you like the KBS? I love it and unfortunately missed out on it this year. :x

Dang Sako, I was looking at SRF after seeing the thread earlier, I almost pulled the trigger on a 12-14lb waygu brisket on the credit card............... Just can't do it! The wife would kill me... haha One of these days I'll try it, but its not gonna be today LOL. The next special occasion that comes up though I'll probably look into it for a one time opportunity kinda thing.

They must be having a good deal on the briskets even right now, I haven't found waygu briskets anywhere else online for less than $300. When I seen the 12-14lb under $200 It's tempting at least!

Edit: Question though.... What's it taste like compared to a select-prime brisket? More beef flavor? Stronger beef flavor?

It's a stronger beef flavor and not to the point of being gamey but really pleasant. Best way I can describe it is how you would imagine your perfect brisket will taste like on your best day. The great intramuscular fat content in it changes the dynamics significantly compared to a select brisket. It's tender and juicy, succulent as opposed say just tender. Hope I made sense.

Off the Hook brisket event Neighbor!

This was more than just another cook, it was an event for sure!

Great choices on the beverages and I assume you included a bourbon or scotch before it was over!

Thanks Neighbor! Shorty after we did have some bourbon. :redface:

BOGO is around Black Friday, it's totally worth it! We bought all our comp briskets for the year on that sale (blacks), just cooked one this past weekend. Love the SRF product!

How did you like the KBS? I love it and unfortunately missed out on it this year. :x

You know, we had a quite few drinks so I decided to hold off on the KBS that night. I want to have clean palate/senses before I try it.

Great cook thread Sako. That hunk of meat looked gorgeous - raw and cooked.

Thanks. I am cooking my first srf black grade on Thursday to practice for a comp on Friday. I bought a gold grade for the comp, but the flat is ridiculously thin. I hope they will replace it. The cook time was what has me worried.

Just cook it up, when boxing put your burnt ends in the front. I had a thin one at Sam's club and it took second.

[/URL

Last edited:
Wow! Amazing cook Sako, definitely will take a long look at an SRF wagyu brisket.

Wow! Amazing cook Sako, definitely will take a long look at an SRF wagyu brisket.

Thanks Bill! It's absolutely worth it for special occasions. Just can't really give a few slices to the neighbors. Luckily they were on vacation this time around. :becky:

Wow Sako leftovers look awesome!

Have you noticed how I've refrained from any douche canoery but where's that top 30%?

Have you noticed how I've refrained from any douche canoery but where's that top 30%?

Thanks Norm! The brisket nuggets in it were delicious.

Top 30% eh?? :-D I don't want to dip my feet out the canoe into douche either. :thumb:

It's hard to keep up with Jason :heh:

"D-Canoe" Club Power Member 2017 :fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2:

Back