Brisket Wars -- SRF brisket cook -- Semi Live

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Doing an SRF brisket cook as promised. In all seriousness, I ask for no douce canoe-ry :becky: and only documenting my experience in cooking an SRF brisket for y'alls to see.

Now I've cooked a few Darling Downs (Australian) Wagyu briskets before but not an SRF brisket. Without further ado:

Cooking one of these bad boys today

LlNRrvoh.jpg

And the star of today's show

neD08hdh.jpg

wsjTgIvh.jpg

5hVgxNDh.jpg

RwVk5rSh.jpg

Pre-trim fat cap side straight out of the cryo

yRAiqjgh.jpg

Pre-trim opposite side

yM2QYmTh.jpg

Loving the marbling already

U6juvmmh.jpg

Flat is a too thin on this one but not on the other SRF that's in the freezer

OhGNYlTh.jpg

Very well marbled nonetheless. Wow! Never seen a flat this marbled in any brisket.

0QavgkXh.jpg

Gotta say this was the easiest brisket I trimmed. Not much to do on it but take some fat out

Post-trim fat cap side

fO2Wdtsh.jpg

Post-trim opposite side

WXxu8lVh.jpg

That marbling though :thumb: (point)

aIdXWjph.jpg

Even with a thin flat she's a beaut

I6H2wVUh.jpg

Post trim weight

vx8JClth.jpg

qNXVchJh.jpg

Usable trim pieces to mix for sausage, burgers etc

qclmwvZh.jpg

gGdsJh6h.jpg

o2c8AB8h.jpg

Total waste. I like it :nod:

hVaaUI4h.jpg

Salt and 16 mesh pepper

MkKfUkwh.jpg

The pit

JZfmT6Dh.jpg

First time using water in the LSG. I had good results last time

5UxReVHh.jpg

Water view form the FB side if anyone cares

pkiGP4lh.jpg

In the pit

Po15mNVh.jpg

That brisket looks phenomenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is Sooner. The trimmed "hard" fat is some of the tenderest I've touched. Super soft to the touch and you hold it long enough it melts. Only negative so far was the thin flat but the other brisket had a much better flat so when I get to that one of these days I'll document that also.

And literally no waste. only 10oz's as I use brisket fat/trimmings in masking sausage or grinding to mix to other meats as fat.

Looking good Sako!

I got a couple of the gold label briskets from them when they had a BOGO promotion. I got the 20# size and was really impressed with the marbling too.

Looking good Sako!

I got a couple of the gold label briskets from them when they had a BOGO promotion. I got the 20# size and was really impressed with the marbling too.

Thanks Norm! These are actually the ones I scored from the BOGO sale also. :clap2: So essentially they cost $6.25/lb.:becky: Shipping was dirt cheap at $9.99 for two 16lb briskets and two racks of kurobuta spares.

Cool!

They have a freezer warehouse in KC so mine were at my office the next day.

Cool!

They have a freezer warehouse in KC so mine were at my office the next day.

Nice! Mine came from KC as well. I liked that I was able to choose a delivery date to free up some space in the freezer for them.

Sako, do you attend the SoCal Bashes? I really want to meet you and the other guys out there. My son lives in San Fransisco and I may have to figure out a trip sometime while visiting him to drive down to where you guys are.

Sorry, no intention to hijack your great thread.

Sako, do you attend the SoCal Bashes? I really want to meet you and the other guys out there. My son lives in San Fransisco and I may have to figure out a trip sometime while visiting him to drive down to where you guys are.

Sorry, no intention to hijack your great thread.

Why yes!! And no worries you're not hijacking nothing. :thumb: We usually have a bash around Sept/Oct and that would be awesome. Lots of beers were had that day. :becky:

a few pics of the last bast at Greg's (GTR)

The man himself basting the lamb on the first day of the bash (yes three day bashes :becky:)

cMHNDV6h.jpg

Recognize this guy?? You hung out with him last weekend at the NTX bash. Obviously Im the one on the left

T9HnA87h.jpg

PA and Netherlands in the house also

I85uXudh.jpg

Mr Silverfinger and his world famous beef ribs

PAZ2vg3h.jpg

5Je8X49h.jpg

The guys prepping the hog for the second day of the bash

85qWL3Sh.jpg

Me again photobombing

IMG_5673.jpg

How I look like pre-beers :heh:

grpuSwSh.jpg

Fine looking brisket, how often do they have these bogo sales?

Thank you! No idea to be honest. I'm signed up to their email newsletters so I always get alerts on sales and such. This was first come first serve and the gold briskets sold out in 24 hours. Jump on it when you see a brisket sale from SRF.

That piece of meat is a thing of beauty, Sako. Can't wait to see he finished version.

Thanks Marty! I'm keeping a very close eye on it as these cook fairly fast. Trying to eliminate any room for error.

Back