THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got a message yesterday that my 28" had shipped. I checked the tracking number this morning and it is scheduled for delivery on Monday. Hopefully it arrives with no shipping damage.

BTW, I also paid taxes in Texas. But I expected to. I believe the law is if they have brick and mortar locations in your state you must pay taxes. That's why I have to pay tax on Amazon stuff now too.

Mine is due the 7th and shipped today, at some point this weekend, I guess I should clear some space for it.

My issue with the tax was that they charged me 10% instead of 9%, however, one local friend said it might be that we are paying 10% now for sales tax locally, because of our stupid decision to vote for a public safety levy.

Mine is due the 7th and shipped today, at some point this weekend, I guess I should clear some space for it.

My issue with the tax was that they charged me 10% instead of 9%, however, one local friend said it might be that we are paying 10% now for sales tax locally, because of our stupid decision to vote for a public safety levy.

But...it's for the children, Bob. Think of the children.:laugh:

I think the children would be fine without my having to pay an additional 1% in sales tax and 1% in property tax.

Yep, These Californians here will vote an extra tax on just about anything. :tsk:
My wife and I keep voting no but its almost like it don't matter.
I think there going after tobacco again. I don't smoke (well, except my Klose) but would not wish that bullchit on anybody.

On the up side, got word that mine should be here Monday as well! :becky:

10%?!? Holy $%!&. We pay 8.25% where I live and I think that's too much. Plus California has a state income tax, right? No wonder all those Californians are coming to Texas :mad:

10%?!? Holy $%!&. We pay 8.25% where I live and I think that's too much. Plus California has a state income tax, right? No wonder all those Californians are coming to Texas :mad:

Your exactly right. I know a few that went to Texas.
Mostly because of businesses leaving California over high taxes and they take their employees with them. We just lost Toyota. Right down the street from my house. You guys got them. California won't figure it out till it's to late.

Sales tax here is 6.35%, and they've been collecting it from online sales for about a couple years now.

Well, the SS one shipped today, 25 hrs after the black....I wonder which one is faster?

Your exactly right. I know a few that went to Texas.
Mostly because of businesses leaving California over high taxes and they take their employees with them. We just lost Toyota. Right down the street from my house. You guys got them. California won't figure it out till it's to late.

Yeah, the new Toyota headquarters is about 10 minutes from my house. It's making the house prices go crazy here. We're trying to move to a larger house because we're expecting another kid and they're being snapped up like crazy. We'll see the benefit on the selling side I'm sure but it's not making the buying side very easy.

You coulda just borrowed mine.....

Yeah, the new Toyota headquarters is about 10 minutes from my house. It's making the house prices go crazy here. We're trying to move to a larger house because we're expecting another kid and they're being snapped up like crazy. We'll see the benefit on the selling side I'm sure but it's not making the buying side very easy.

Its crazy here too. Neighbor put his up on a Friday. Monday it was sold. Just not enough houses on the Market even though they are building everywhere.

Ordered my Blackstone on the 30th still not shipped. Hope it ships soon.

Back