THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tried to buy one there a couple weeks back and had trouble finding a store with any other than the display model. Ended up going with Cabelas $249 sale and picking up the cover and tool kit on Amazon. Cost me about $12 more but easier than having to drive halfway across the state

That's a good deal. The cover is necessary but it's crappy. It rained heavy the past week and it got through the cover! Soon I'll have to come up with a better solution.

Yeah, if you read closely, the reviews say the cover isn't waterproof. Why make it then? What other purpose for a cover is there if not to keep the water out? I bought a different cover that IS waterproof and also welded a SS cover that fits up over the top. That makes sure that water can never puddle in the center if the cover does happen to leak.

There were a few people on here that had gotten some custom covers made. Can't remember where they got them, maybe someone can post a link?

That is a great deal but i agree the cover is not worth anything. Really not water resistant even and even a moderate rain will soak through it and leave water on your flat top. I actually had an old cover from a 6 burner gasser that I got rid of and use that over the blackstone cover and it hasnt had any water since.

It's only been a week but I've had better luck with the cover. It rained pretty much every day last week and things were still dry yesterday when the weather finally broke.

I do think though that I'm going to look for some type of large bowl that I can store upside down underneath the cover. The fact that water pools the way it does is going to be a losing battle

Back