THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No doubt, Thom got more air time than Mixon. Every shot it seemed he was leaning his mug in to the camera. :p

I was really surprised that he let Dan be the spokesman for the team... :tape:

He did seem to have a 'knack' for being in the right spot at the right time to get in a shot... Just sayin... :becky:

Good job Dan. I hope next weeks challenge is a lasagna... It has about as much to do with BBQ as frog legs, collard greens and turducken... :thumb:

Shad is the man. For those that have never had his food. You are missing out. He is a heck of a chef and a damn good BBQ cook as well.

I had some of Shad's pork belly in Marshalltown (2009) and those things were awesome. I went back to the IBS party 4 times they were so good!

I watched it last night (reluctantly) due to the local people competing that hang out in here. I just can't get drawn into the show, I guess. Warren Sapp has nothing to say, Art seems to poo-poo most everything, and they just lean on Myron for an opinion. Sapp is like a parrot, and has nothing relavant to say, just repeating what he heard. At least Art, hate him as you will, has actually eaten the foods that are being used. I almost shut if off when Warren said he'd never had Turducken, yet he was giving out money for someone cooking it. Granted, I've never eaten one or cooked one, but I'm not judging contestants, either.

Nice showing from 3eyes and a Boy and his BBQ., and I wanted to see what Big Mouth could do. I didn't really get any sort of vibe to root for Wood Chicks. Nice gear, poor attitude. I also think Leann should have kept her yap shut during the judges results, too. The other teams respectfully bit their tongues while the judges talked, including the guy form Big Mouth BBQ, while he was booted. I'm sure it was hollywooded up for the drama of the show, but c'mon. Let them talk, and show a little class.

That poor Big Mouth BBQ crew, they didn't have a chance. I like that they included relative newbs on the show, but from the get-go you knew they were at a disadvantage. From their experience, to the equipment they brought, to the limited cooking knowledge they posessed; they were the obvious underdogs. And then to throw a complex series of cooks their way? Good Luck! They had never cooked either of the dishes presented to them (Frog's Legs? Really?) and just didn't have the experience to compete at the level the 3 other teams did.

Bring on the next round! A whole hog, from which you get judged from 3 or 4 bites off of it! A new meat to tackle in 45 minutes; how about live snapping turtle! And a sidewinder challenge made up of frozen corn and some Raisin Bran! Good Smoking Luck, indeed!

I'm done watching that show. :rip:The so called judges bad mouth everyone. Funny how Myron complained about being judged at Comps. And get rid of the other two, Warren Sapp especially, how did a football player come a judge:confused: he's just there for the free food.:hungry:

I must say this was an interesting episode. I'm not sure if the smoke could penitrate all 3 birds, but would be fun to try. When Lee-ann put bacon in the pan with the truducken, for gravey I never saw her make, I thought that was kind of dumb considering the amount of fat that would come off the duck. The only other time I've seen a turducken done was on triple D and on that episode they par-cooked the chicken and duck on the flat top before hand, then put the turducken in the oven.
As for the comment about "who brings cookbooks to a comp", for this one I would have. Being from Canada I've never seen any of the "quick fire challenge" meats cooked so you can bet I would have been on my blackberry looking them up along with a laptop with my "master cook deluxe" cookbook program loaded in.
To all that have been on BP2, you all did a awsome job win or lose.

I shoulda left him to cook on those Langs Ha ha ha
Try doing that cook :)
But NO I had to be a nice guy and get him some help
Jeez I just aint good at being a hard a$$

Great show guyz!

[Thom, You just can't be afraid of those Langs... I'd volunteer tending to the Langs... but my physique is not made for tv .. neither is my mustache] :p

I was really surprised that he let Dan be the spokesman for the team... :tape:

He did seem to have a 'knack' for being in the right spot at the right time to get in a shot... Just sayin... :becky:

Dude the camera just follows the beautiful

They put me on my mark and told me not to forget my tongs
(No scottie I was not wearing a thong)

I must say this was an interesting episode. I'm not sure if the smoke could penitrate all 3 birds, but would be fun to try. When Lee-ann put bacon in the pan with the truducken, for gravey I never saw her make, I thought that was kind of dumb considering the amount of fat that would come off the duck. The only other time I've seen a turducken done was on triple D and on that episode they par-cooked the chicken and duck on the flat top before hand, then put the turducken in the oven.
As for the comment about "who brings cookbooks to a comp", for this one I would have. Being from Canada I've never seen any of the "quick fire challenge" meats cooked so you can bet I would have been on my blackberry looking them up along with a laptop with my "master cook deluxe" cookbook program loaded in.
To all that have been on BP2, you all did a awsome job win or lose.

Couldn't use phones at all. Surprised they got away with the cookbooks.

We had a trailer full of surprises
had need be

:) the tag :) trimmed it down since the show
No one could tell if I was smiling or not

Back