THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is my entry for week 4. I cooked this on my Weber kettle. Yellow Fin Tuna Steak grilled with Porcini Mushroom infused EVOO and rubbed with Hawaiian Sea Salt(compliments of Keale) and a Cajun Spice blend. Also Butterflied Jumbo Shrimp grilled and sitting on a grilled slice of fresh pineapple. Last but not least, I grilled a small Octopus and rested it on a slice of fresh Grilled Pineapple as well. Sarachi Garlic Chili Sauce and Honey Mustard was used on the canvass of my plate. These were cooked over lump charcoal.
Seafood001w.jpg

Seafood002w.jpg

Salmom and shrimp

There's some really serious competition going on again this week but I cooked it so I gotta post.

image0.jpg

We have shrimp skewers that were marinated in a Caribbean Jerk marinade with added pineapple and maraschino cherry juice along side of cedar planked salmon steaks seasoned only with black pepper, garlic powder and butter.

image13.jpg

image20.jpg

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

This is my entry for week 4. I cooked this on my Weber kettle. Yellow Fin Tuna Steak grilled with Porcini Mushroom infused EVOO and rubbed with Hawaiian Sea Salt(compliments of Keale) and a Cajun Spice blend. Also Butterflied Jumbo Shrimp grilled and sitting on a grilled slice of fresh pineapple. Last but not least, I grilled a small Octopus and rested it on a slice of fresh Grilled Pineapple as well. Sarachi Garlic Chili Sauce and Honey Mustard was used on the canvass of my plate. These were cooked over lump charcoal.

Seafood002w.jpg

Sweet. The tuna is cooked perfectly. Do the little octopi taste anything like the baby squid?

Here is my entry for Throwdown week 4 =

I am not a fish person. I only eat animals that "walked" or "flew"
I smoked this for my wife! She loved it. I did taste it, was very good. I decied to smoke some Shark. I added some small sweet peppers for an added flair. The sauce is a homegrown marinate basically a sweet herb sauce that I made from scratch. (smoked chit with lump and grape and apple juice in the water pan.)

Sorry about the horizontal pic. Photobucket shows it correct but for some farkin reason it is horizontal!!

Picture101.jpg

Here is the finished product..

Picture102.jpg

Seafood Kabobs

Here's my entry... Sunday dinner. SEAFOOD KABOBS made with Atlantic salmon, cod loins, yellow fin tuna and prawns. Marinated with honey, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger, crushed chilis, salt and pepper. Skewered with fresh pineapple and white onions. Brushed with olive oil and grilled on the Cobb Grill (a 12" charcoal cooker).

iA9A60D88-E3A3-4774-8A24-5694A5C84A3E.jpg

iC40F8CC9-894F-4F89-8EFA-F16C14362983.jpg

iA5CF0787-6B08-49C9-BB78-EB4CDA2A4328.jpg

Finished with a sprinkling of chopped lovage and chives (not shown). Served with basmati rice tossed with dried roasted red peppers, steamed carrots and brocolli from the garden and a full-bodied Miglori red (home-brewed).

Rosemary Scallops

I'm in with Rosemary Grilled Scallops. Wrapped in proscuitto and skewered with rosemary. Mango/apricot habanero glaze. Fresh tomatoes and grilled bell pepper sides. Oh man!!
All done on the Weber.

fish012.jpg

Hey there

Ohhh Man sensory overload on this thread along with too many seafood ideas ( So many recipes so little time :wink:)
...gotta love the scallops and bacon ...The glaze sounds great ...

Grace and peace

Ben

i think i need photography lessons

Rick if it wasn't for your pictures I would bet that all we would have seen in these throwdowns would have been the food on the grill and then it throwndown on a plate.

I know you ae the reason that I think what will it look like when plated, for the pic.
Heck I'm a single guy, if it was up to me most of my food would not even make it to a plate, never mind what goes on the side.

Then River city started posting pics, now I am thinking of buying one of those lighting tents so that I can set up a mini studio just for the food pictures.

Bahama style

I went with Red Snapper. Bought it at a nice Market in Plano. Just stuffed it with lemons, rosemary, thyme, pink salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Coated with EV Olive oil. Grilled on the weber.

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

Also made some Bahamian Pea's and Rice. really good stuff.

DSC_0186.jpg

WOW all the brethren are stepping up the pron and the photos.

I saw above a mention of a photo tent. I have a link to an easy to build cheap setup I will post in a different thread.

Back