BBQ Brethren "Throwdown"...Week 4

attachment.php

Oh man, the AKBT's look fantastic. I wasn't going to commit and pledge my vote early but......

Ok, here is my humble attempt at the Seafood Throwdown. I used my Ranch Kettle and cooked a Seafood Paella.

Started off with a little oil in my Paella Pan, then added some garlic, red peppers and green peppers. I added some Chorizo for a little extra flavor. Cooked this for a few minutes then added some chicken stock and white wine, saffron, salt, pepper and rice. This cooked for about 20 minutes. Once the rice was pretty much done, I added some tomatoes, green peas and sliced Squid and cooked for about another 5 minutes. I then added some shrimp and clams and cooked for another 5 minutes until the shrimp was done and the clams opened. I removed from grill, sprinkled with some flat leaf parsley and squeezed some lemon over the top. Served with a Rodney Strong Sauvignon Blanc

Holy Moly...you guys got your game face on this week...I better get busy! :p

dscf0814mp7.jpg

I'm diggin' this paella...especially the choice of vino! One of our favs! :p

Rick...this is true love! IMHO!

808bristol3-017.jpg

Norco...I don't even want to know how you came up with that smokin' contraption...but it sure can cook! Killer "AKBT's" bro...

attachment.php

Holy Moly...you guys got your game face on this week...I better get busy! :p

Norco...I don't even want to know how you came up with that smokin' contraption...but it sure can cook! Killer "AKBT's" bro...

attachment.php
JD, I get mistaken for Norco alot..and it's a Big Compliment when I do..
Just remember I'm the more better looking RedNeck:p

Sorry did not read the rules till after I posted the links. I did not know that it had to be cooked this week. If you want to delete my posts then I understand.

JD, I get mistaken for Norco alot..and it's a Big Compliment when I do..
Just remember I'm the more better looking RedNeck:p

Duohhh...:icon_blush::icon_blush::icon_blush:...!!! I knew that! :p

Sorry did not read the rules till after I posted the links. I did not know that it had to be cooked this week. If you want to delete my posts then I understand.

No worries bro...we're always lookin' for good pron...whatever the date! :p

Your killing me here.....love to fish.

DSC04116a.jpg

I love fishing and enjoy eating them too.....I cooked some trout from my freezer tonight.

DSC05899JPGa.jpg

Even though we get a lot of non-resident pressure on certain lakes and streams, I can still find spots all to myself.

DSC04087a.jpg

DSC04083a.jpg

rod005.jpg

Shrimp and Salmon

Pecan rubed farm raised salmon smoked on cedar board with Garlic and Butter skewered shrimp with yellow spanish style rice.

Smoked on UDS (1st cook)

Attachments

• PICT0013a.jpg
    PICT0013a.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 144
  • PICT0020a.jpg
    PICT0020a.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 412
Here's my "Seafood" throwdown entry...Alder Planked Sockeye Salmon...:razz:

IMG_4837-1.jpg

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4841-1.jpg

Last edited:
Spicy shrimp and bay scallops scampi

Did a couple of bay scallops in an oil, like ,minced garlic and lime juice in an iron skillet and topped off with butter. Then, I skewered a few shrimp and put them on the smoker with the scallops. Once the shrimp was done I brushed on a mix of olive oil, cayenne pepper, paprika, seasoned salt and pepper. Served them over the scallops.
P.S. Done on UDS. :-D

Attachments

• pict0016a.jpg
    pict0016a.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 143
  • pict0017a.jpg
    pict0017a.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 144
  • PICT0021a.jpg
    PICT0021a.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 415
I got my fixins today... Tomorrow I get to make my seafood entry!

You realize that this throwdown stuff is putting my family in jeopardy of losing our house, with me being unemployed and having to get stuff for throwdowns!

I got my fixins today... Tomorrow I get to make my seafood entry!

I got my fixins today to and I'm going with cedar planked salmon steaks and skewered shrimp. The seasonings have yet to be determined though. This will be my first attempt at smoked or grilled seafood so it's going to be an interesting learning experience for me. I love this place...:-D

Back