THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fattythrowdown-003.gif

fattythrowdown-008.jpg

fattythrowdown-010.jpg

fattythrowdownII-014.jpg

fattythrowdownIII-001.jpg

fattythrowdownIII-013.jpg

fattythrowdownIII-017.jpg

fattythrowdownIII-024.jpg

fattythrowdownIII-023.jpg

oh my gawd
:biggrin:

This is one a buddy and I have been saying for some time needed be tried. We call it the Canadian Tropics Fatty. It's a pound of JD Maple, with a nice handful of canadian bacon that I browned off in a skillet, with some grilled pineapple and chunks of mozzerella cheese all mixed with a bit of my pork rub. After cooking I hit it with a glaze made of the pineapple juice, some pineapple preserves, honey, anchoe chili powder and some crushed red pepper. It all looks kinda messy but man did it go down good!

84c6a171.jpg

d91415f8.jpg

9ffbbbbc.jpg

And Chris, since I don't have much of an eye for pics, please pic which ever you want to be the "one". Thanks

I don't know RTD!!!!!!
I did not know the Bigabyte had changed the rules which call for 3 pics maximum. You had 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had fun jumpin' someone last fall on this so I just could not let it pass, lol.
What a nice lookin' fatty, just wondering what the penalty is for to much pron?????

"3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on Monday 2/9."

... a pound of JD Maple, with a nice handful of canadian bacon that I browned off in a skillet, with some grilled pineapple and chunks of mozzerella cheese all mixed with a bit of my pork rub. After cooking I hit it with a glaze made of the pineapple juice, some pineapple preserves, honey, anchoe chili powder and some crushed red pepper...

84c6a171.jpg

Man, that looks good, and the glaze sounds great - sweet and hot (just like the SaucyWench :icon_shock1:)

RTD, I apologize, I musta had a couple bourbons when I looked at the rules. Again sorry about that.

No problem from here, easy mistake. I'm finding each of my changes cause someone somewhere to get confused.:lol:

And I'm not penalizing for wrongful accusations either!:lol::wink: Well. Then again.... Here's what you gotta do to make up for it. You have to compete in at leat one more Throwdown!

On the left is a kielbasa and provolone fatty and on the right is a Rueben fatty made from a ground corned beef brisket flat and stuffed swiss cheese, kraut, and thousand Island dressing.

DSCF1199.jpg

Just 2 of many from yesterday.

DSCF1192.jpg

I haven’t tried it yet with all the other food we were nibbling on. My buddy and I devoured the small one at the bottom of the second tray. It was made with left over corned beef and stuffed with swiss cheese. It was awesome. I will be using ground corned beef in the future, great flavor and just the right amount of fat.

Other than the 2 corned beef fatties the rest are all made with moose sausage. Most of the food was tucked away for an upcoming ice fishing derby. Gots to eat good on the ice.

I think there's gonna be a Reuben fatty in my future. Maybe after cooking it could even be wrapped in a rye dough? Sort of a Fatty Reubington?

I was thinking a nice thick slice of the fatty between some toasted rye would make a great lunch.

Made a Bacon wrapped Venison Fattie stuffed with peppers, onions, cheese and crunchy bacon

10.jpg

11-1.jpg

Back