THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nothing fancy for our throwdown. This is a normal fatty for us. Used 4 original brats, stuffed with asparagus, string cheese, and sun dried tomatoes. Rub was Rugus Teague and rolled in panko. Simple fatty.

Attachments

• IMG_1881.jpg
    IMG_1881.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1884.jpg
    IMG_1884.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 269
Nothing fancy for our throwdown. This is a normal fatty for us. Used 4 original brats, stuffed with asparagus, string cheese, and sun dried tomatoes. Rub was Rugus Teague and rolled in panko. Simple fatty.

I hope that thing tasted as good as she looks. That is a beauty!

Thanks guys. The panko is simple to make really adds to a fatty. One of the brethren mentioned it. I wish I could remember who it was to let him/her know it is fantastic.

it might have been me that mentioned panko or it might have been someone else also

i have two pounds of sausage. what the heck am i gonna do with it! :confused: you guys have gone crazy on this throwdown!

yep... and today will be the first fatty i've made since i posted that :biggrin:

edit: no wait, i made six plain fatties for a party at vinny's

Okay, this entry is a bit different, so I will see what is said.
First my BIL in KC heard about the Bacon Explosion and wanted to try one. He is a backyard grill guy with his Weber kettle. We chatted about fatties and I sent him all the "youtube" & Fox stuff I thought relevant and the BBQ Addicts website with the "how to" recipe.

So he smoked a fatty today, his first with indirect on his kettle and I would like to enter his fatty in the Throwdown, though he is not a member of the Brethren. It is not a straight Bacon Explosion, he added sauted onions. He used Blues Hog rub and sauce.

What say ye??????????

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2320.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 235
yep... and today will be the first fatty I've made since i posted that :biggrin:

edit: no wait, i made six plain fatties for a party at vinny's

Well Rick, I have to say if what your are working on is in the link below, I have to thank you because I won't have to waste my time to post my entry today and I can go to the "local" bar and enjoy myself today and I will still enjoy what was to be my my "fatty" entry tomorrow for breakfast (high school football team against the NFL SB'ers, ain't gonna win):!::wink::-D

It's all good:!::icon_bigsmil:icon_bigsmil:icon_bigsmil:icon_bigsmil:icon_bigsmil:icon_bigsmil:icon_bigsmil:icon_bigsmil:shock::biggrin:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56419

I'll have 2 entries up in the next 24 hours now.. photos are taken, but I'm not feeling great, so I'll probably wait until tomorrow... A hint... Thank bacon explosion + some, and fatty wellington.

I had some leftover facon and meatless sausage so I threw this together. (duck and cover!)

CIMG0847.jpg

CIMG0853.jpg

Okay, My daughter wanted meatloaf so I made it a Meatloaf Fatty!! I took ground Turkey,ground chicken ( Porturken meatloaf Fatty) and made my meatloaf and stuffed it in to a Williams 2lb. sausage and wrapped it with bacon rubbed with some Bovine.Served it with suateed garlic green beans on a mound of whipped Michigan white creamers and mushroom gravy!!
I love it when my MIL tells my wife...you are so lucky.:biggrin:[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 244
Back