BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Fatties"

JP, what's in that good looking hunk of fatty. You've got my vote so far, unless the stuffing is cottage cheese. Some details please and if it is cottage, fess up. I might vote on honesty also

No, not cottage cheese. That is a Farmer John, Santa Fe Chile, cream cheese, and wrapped in a pillsbury croissant dough. I smoked it first then set up the BGE for indirect and cooked the dough that way. It was supposed to last for breakfast the next day, but it had a short life. She was gone a few moments after the photo.

Chris just wanted to say your doing a great job filling JD shoes and that's tough to do. JD has done tons for this site. So thanks.

JP, someone's got to go along ways to beat that one. I see a certificate in your future.

Here is my fatty entry. I haven't taken anything to work lately so these will be a surprise for the Quality Control Department of one of my regular customers. I have two tins of biscuits I'll put in the oven first thing in the morning.

fattythrowdown1.jpg

fattiesthrowdown5.jpg

fattythrowdown7.jpg

Well, that idea lasted about 30 minutes......Even though I was making some tenderloin and eggs, I could hear that fatty calling.....​

throwdownfatty9.jpg

Last edited:
mr thirdeye,
i've always liked the look of your black seasoning, what i assume is black pepper? i envision you carving the peppercorns into perfect circles with a tiny scalpel while peering through a giant magnifying glass held by a custom thirdeye stainless magnifying glass stand. :biggrin:

wow... musta been some cactus juice in that shiner bock i just tried. 8)

mr thirdeye,
i've always liked the look of your black seasoning, what i assume is black pepper? i envision you carving the peppercorns into perfect circles with a tiny scalpel while peering through a giant magnifying glass held by a custom thirdeye stainless magnifying glass stand. :biggrin:

That's funny right there! Rick your pictures are great even when they're painted with words!

mr thirdeye,

:lol::lol::biggrin::lol:

Nice entry, Wayne! :cool:

mr thirdeye,

Whoa, sounds like it might have been some Divine Cactus. :shock:

But, you are right, it's cracked pepper. And for the record, I do have a pocket lens I pack around.

My Entry

Here she is...1 lb JD Maple & 1 lb JD Sage, equally covered with layers of crumbled cheese, red and green japs, mild sweet yellow & orange chili peppersstacked one on top of the other. Then the two layers were squished lightly to avoid a crown. Then two chorizo brats laid inside and the sausage rolled up to make one huge fatty. All of the flavors came through, the sweet and smoke of the outside bacon and first layer from the Maple wood used to smoke it, mingled with the chili flavors. Then down to the middle for the distinctively Mexican flavor of the Chorizo. A plethora of flavors, mixed for the brethren's enjoyment.

Be sure to take your cholesterol meds...

Attachments

• finished fatty 003.jpg
    finished fatty 003.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
Here is my first Throwdown entry!

1 lb JD maple + 1 lb HyVee Mild Spice Sausage + 1 handful of shredded cheese with hot peppers, all rolled up and rubbed with The Slabs Birds & Bones rub.

051.jpg

057.jpg

I am Water Tower BBQ and I approved this message..............

My first entry also, pizza fatty-Old Folks Italian sausage slathered with my own pizza sauce, stuffed with pepperoni, caramelized onion, sauted mushrooms, black olives, mozzerella, cheddar, and bacon. Rubbed with oregano, thyme, parsley & red pepper flakes, topped with more sauce.

fatty.jpg

First Throwdown Entry - Breakfast

Decided its was time for breakfast

Hot Old Folks breakfast sausage, roasted red pepper, jalapeno, onion, cheddar

photo20090207-081526-0039.jpg

Hash browns

photo20090207-081544-0040.jpg

Eggs - white...

photo20090207-081628-0041.jpg

and yolks

photo20090207-081814-0042.jpg

Rolled and wrapped in a bacon weave

photo20090207-093820-0062.jpg

Smoked 3hrs (along side a brisket and someones pizza fattie)

photo20090207-144258-0009.jpg

The money (er, award) shot

photo20090207-151548-0004.jpg

Turned out right tasty. :tongue: <BillyG>

Back