THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you like SPAM?

• I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • As long as it doesn't have very much SPAM in it.

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Lemon Curry?

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I bet they were good. Deadly but good. I made the mistake of reading the health information on a can the other day :tsk: Wow is that stuff lethal.

Those actually do look really good!:hungry: Must be all that cheese or something. Strange, you would think the cheese would contribute to the salt factor, but SPAM is hard to predict it seems. Mystery meat is an understatement. More like an enigma really.

Anyone know how long it takes to get pepper spray off your skin?

They were still more salty than I would have liked, but the spicy dressing made a huge difference. The cheese was good, as cheese is, but didn't seem to make a difference either way on the saltiness.

I almost bought the reduced sodium SPAM, but wasn't sure if that was allowed.

CD

I don't know if I should add or deduct points from your score for actually eating them. :confused:

I think extra points should be awarded for courage to all who eat their SPAM entries. :thumb:

Points deducted for tossing them over a fence to an innocent dog. :shock:

CD

Dear god I spent all morning going through this thread. I'm thirsty just reading and seeing all these entries. Somebody kettle fry spam please. I would but I don't like spam I dont think? I had it fried with some eggs not too long ago and it didn't wow me. But I could have been eating baby kittens or porcupine meat whatever its made of. All awesome entries. I think this is the most creative throwdown ever hands down. This site is so awesome and Bigabyte is a madman.

Points deducted for tossing them over a fence to an innocent dog. :shock:

Hey I made sure the door Rover had water...

12910425SprinklerDog.jpg

Côtes de SPAM à la Brethrende

(recipe and story adapted from L' Auberge "Chez Richard")

Côtes de SPAM à la Brethrende

SPAM Chops Brethren-Style

Legend has it that in 2011, prior to the invasion of SPAMland by MeatBurner the Conqueror, aka Brûleurviande II de Brethrendie or more affectionately known to his friends as MeatBurner the SPAMmer (Brûleurviande le SPAMmeur) because of the delay of his pron posting, our good MeatBurner demanded a new dish to be created that would bring him good luck and ever-breaking winds for his invading SPAM armada patiently awaiting his command. It was Octetbiga, a foil-headed man from Plusterres d'Fark and special Chef to MeatBurner, who is credited with coming up with a special dish that pleased not only MeatBurner's palate (which helped prolong Octetbiga's life) but coincidentally brought the first stirrings of ever-breaking winds. On 12 July the Brethren fleet finally set sail, landing in Gellex, SPAMland and were greeted by the locals with something less than open arms and demanding to see their passports. To this day, in towns throughout Brethrendy, you can find a number of restaurants serving this very dish; though I understand it's not an especially big hit with the tourists from across the Great Spam Divide.

Ingredients
Some Smoked SPAM Chops
Some Eggs
A chitload of Butter
A chitload of Heavy Cream
A couple really big arse splotches of Dijon Mustard
Almost, but not quite a chitload of Breadcrumbs
A bunch of Flattish Noodles
Salt and Pepper
* I tend to guesstimate some of these ingredients as opposed to strictly following these EXACT measurements.

Preparation
Heat Butter for frying in a skillet on the kettle grill with lump charcoal.
r_IMG_1003.jpg

Prepare three bowls for breading, one with Flour, one with Egg and one with Breadcrumbs.
Take a loaf of Smoked Spam (I smoked a few of these a little while back)...
r_IMG_0957.jpg

...and slice into 4 SPAM Chops and dredge though the Flour, then Egg, then Breadcrumbs and put in the skillet.
r_IMG_1004.jpg

Flip after a few minutes when the bottom side is browned.
r_IMG_1005.jpg

Remove SPAM Chops when browned on both sides and remove the skillet from the kettle.
Add the Heavy Cream to the butter in the skillet along with the Mustard...
r_IMG_1006.jpg

...and stir until smooth.
r_IMG_1007.jpg

Serve SPAM Chops over Flat Noodles and cover with Sauce.
r_IMG_1009.jpg

Best paired with a Jus de Pomme de Membres Marquent (white) or even a rouge Jus de Raisin de Canneberge d'Ocean Spray.

Notes on this so called "dish"
This is a hearty meal and won't leave you leave hungry. It's also rich, I don't know if the heavy cream, eggs, and butter had anything to do with that but the SPAM certainly adds another dimension to this and I thought you should know. I used four nice sized chops (not thick) cut right off a full loaf and used Egg Noodles. I washed it down with a Jus de Pomme de Membres Marquent. No immediate swimming after this meal, but a visit to the ER may be necessary.

That looks good Man
You have no idea...this was really good. It's the best SPAM dish by far. With pork chops of course it would have been completely off the farking hook, but this was amazing. It was very quiet at dinner and the food disappeared fast.

...but this is an intervention. We love you Man, but if you don't get help at Charter, please get help:becky:
I can handle it man, I swear, I know what I'm doing!:becky:

Cold turkey is the way to go. This throwdown is OVER! No more! Fun is fun, but people are putting their lives at risk. It really must end before someone is seriously hurt.

I mean I'm not sure about that. Chris only used a stick and half of butter on that dish instead of the 4 sticks that usually come in a box and he used heavy cream as opposed heaviest cream so it is actually pretty light. He also fried in butter which won't make it oily because he didn't use any oil in the dish. So in a way it was good for him I think.

Back