THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm having motivational issues. I made a very tasty slaw, but I don't think I'll have time to do some homemade sausage, and don't think purchased sausage will be competitive. It's also farking cold, so I'm reluctant to fire up the grill to make something I wouldn't vote for.

CD

I'm having motivational issues. I made a very tasty slaw, but I don't think I'll have time to do some homemade sausage, and don't think purchased sausage will be competitive. It's also farking cold, so I'm reluctant to fire up the grill to make something I wouldn't vote for.

CD

Just go for it. Need someone to chill with me at the bottom. :laugh:

CD

You must be in that cold part of Texas.

I don't understand at all this notion that sausage has to be homemade to be good or (even more surprising) to get votes. :confused: We've never been required to ground our own meat to make hamburger or to butcher our own chickens or cows. Why do we have to now make our own sausage? We've had sausage throwdowns in the past and I don't ever require this being an issue. I've made sausage from scratch and I don't see what the big deal is that it should be an issue. If you want to make it from scratch, great, if not, then also great. Neither one is going to sway me as much as how tasty it looks or the (imagined) flavor of the sausage itself.
I also don't understand any reluctance to fire up a grill. This is completely novel to me.

I hear he is a pretty smart feller......

teleport.gif

Forget what I said before! I'm submitting this entry and going for the nerd vote! :thumb:

(BTW, is there a caption for that figure? I'm not sure if Alice is trying to teleport herself to get received by Bob, or if Alice is teleporting herself and becoming Bob. It just isn't clear what is going on. :confused: -- all I know is Brad's got even MORE explaining to do now. :tsk:)

I don't understand at all this notion that sausage has to be homemade to be good or (even more surprising) to get votes. :confused: We've never been required to ground our own meat to make hamburger or to butcher our own chickens or cows. Why do we have to now make our own sausage? We've had sausage throwdowns in the past and I don't ever require this being an issue. I've made sausage from scratch and I don't see what the big deal is that it should be an issue. If you want to make it from scratch, great, if not, then also great. Neither one is going to sway me as much as how tasty it looks or the (imagined) flavor of the sausage itself.
I also don't understand any reluctance to fire up a grill. This is completely novel to me.

Wait, we don't have to slaughter/harvest/catch our own animals anymore?!?! Well that will make this a whole lot easier. You farkers are screwed now. Well, if I can ever stay out of the PB for longer than a few minutes.

Forget what I said before! I'm submitting this entry and going for the nerd vote! :thumb:

(BTW, is there a caption for that figure? I'm not sure if Alice is trying to teleport herself to get received by Bob, or if Alice is teleporting herself and becoming Bob. It just isn't clear what is going on. :confused: -- all I know is Brad's got even MORE explaining to do now. :tsk:)

It was a dark time in my life. Most of it I don't remember. I needed money for college and giving plasma once a week just wasn't cutting it. Dr. Frankenfurter seemed like a nice enough guy when I first arrived on his doorstep one evening after my car broke down in a rain storm. The last thing I remember was something about a time warp, a tranny, and a meatloaf :noidea:

It's a busy week for me. It's Wednesday, I have a whole day's photography to edit and upload to a client's website tonight, and I have a vintage Porsche and another Lamborghini to shoot tomorrow, because I ran out of light today.

Plus, I'm psyched about camping this weekend, starting Friday -- which also makes my week shorter.

I don't think my entry is AT ALL creative, and I would not vote for it. I don't want to "phone it in" just to have an entry in a throwdown.

Maybe I just need a few weeks off to get my mojo back.

As for the cold, I am starting to get used to it, since I spent the day outside in it. After camping in it this weekend, I should be more acclimated. We just came off a brutal summer, and this is the first cold weather we've had, so 40 degrees felt like minus 40, especially with the prairie winds we get here. Seriously, I was picking peppers in shorts and a t-shirt in my garden last week, and this week, I have a stiff North wind cutting through me like a knife. I don't change gears that fast anymore.

This holiday campout I do with my friends every year will be a real attitude adjuster. Hopefully I'll come back with renewed enthusiasm.

CD

I ordered the sausage attachment for our stand mixer and still hope to give it a try this week. If it works out I may have multiple entries :becky:. But since I had already made up my Cock Of The Walk slaw (I just like saying cock of the walk) and didn't want it to get bad I thought I would grill up some Italian Sausages (um Italian snags?) to go with it.

I've been having some fun with different bread recipes. So I thought I'd bake up some buns.

View attachment 59310

I had made up my slaw earlier in the week. I added a little Blues Hog Tennessee Red for a little extra kick.

View attachment 59311

It gets dark pretty early and I was really just going to throw the snags on my gasser but I couldn't get it to light and it was too dark to figure out why. So I lit the egg and did my best to get a couple of pictures. I was really hoping I didn't end up with burnt snags.

View attachment 59312
View attachment 59313

Finished with some Blues Hog Original. This one got a little messy so I had to finish it with a fork. I didn't mind.

View attachment 59314
View attachment 59315
View attachment 59316

Last edited:
It's a busy week for me. It's Wednesday, I have a whole day's photography to edit and upload to a client's website tonight, and I have a vintage Porsche and another Lamborghini to shoot tomorrow, because I ran out of light today.

Plus, I'm psyched about camping this weekend, starting Friday -- which also makes my week shorter.

I don't think my entry is AT ALL creative, and I would not vote for it. I don't want to "phone it in" just to have an entry in a throwdown.

Maybe I just need a few weeks off to get my mojo back.

As for the cold, I am starting to get used to it, since I spent the day outside in it. After camping in it this weekend, I should be more acclimated. We just came off a brutal summer, and this is the first cold weather we've had, so 40 degrees felt like minus 40, especially with the prairie winds we get here. Seriously, I was picking peppers in shorts and a t-shirt in my garden last week, and this week, I have a stiff North wind cutting through me like a knife. I don't change gears that fast anymore.

This holiday campout I do with my friends every year will be a real attitude adjuster. Hopefully I'll come back with renewed enthusiasm.

CD

CD, you're p!ssing and moaning like an old women who needs a root...:shocked:

At least that's what us Aussies call it!:thumb:

Stop the excuses and get your SNAG out!:heh::heh::heh:

Cheers!

Bill

CD, you're p!ssing and moaning like an old women who needs a root...:shocked:

At least that's what us Aussies call it!:thumb:

Stop the excuses and get your SNAG out!:heh::heh::heh:

Cheers!

Bill

Hey, I'm a farking artist. I gotta "feel it" or I'll just sit on the porch and drink. I have some ideas in my head, but I spent my week photographing (and driving) farking Porsches, Lamborghinis and Ferraris. Do you have ANY idea how stressful it is to get paid drive a Ferrari 458 Italia? That, and I never did figure out how to open the farking engine deck lid of the Gallardo LMP560 Spyder so I could take a farking picture of the engine.

I love your throwdown idea, but it is a short week for me, and I'm self employed, and stressed out -- and your throwdown deserves righteous entries. :becky:

CD

Hey, I'm a farking artist. I gotta "feel it" or I'll just sit on the porch and drink. I have some ideas in my head, but I spent my week photographing (and driving) farking Porsches, Lamborghinis and Ferraris. Do you have ANY idea how stressful it is to get paid drive a Ferrari 458 Italia? That, and I never did figure out how to open the farking engine deck lid of the Gallardo LMP560 Spyder so I could take a farking picture of the engine.

I love your throwdown idea, but it is a short week for me, and I'm self employed, and stressed out -- and your throwdown deserves righteous entries. :becky:

CD

CD... You're kiling me here.

You've put out PRON to die for. :pray:

Now you just gotta post a sausage and some slaw:doh:

Don't think about it too much.

Those Italian cars are just your next job...:shocked:

Just get it done:thumb:

It's a sausage. Just a little snag... get out camera..... press button... photoshop it to hell...

WIN!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Bill

CD

Hey CD... I can see you are stressed. Don't worry man, I was more taking the p!ss than anything else... but man, I'd not be stressed photographing those cars... that would be a farkin' blast:thumb:. If you can do that, I just can't get my head around what's so difficult with a SNAG... Oh wait... you've got to feel it.... You crack me up dude!:becky:

Cheers!

Bill

Back