BBQ Brethren "SNAGS AND SLAW" Throwdown!

I can't find much on Snags and Slaw with a Google search. A "Sausage and Slaw" search had a lot of results, but they weren't specific to Australia.

Is this always served as a sandwich?

CD

edit_preview.php

I wont be the only one Farkin' up your zero on this one, outstanding entry. :hungry:

SNAGS and Guerry's Slaw!

G'Day Bruces':becky:

I made a pretty big post in QTALK if you guys ever read anything there...:heh::heh::heh:

So just a few pics here...

First, I made my own Pork, Bacon, Sage and Garlic SNAGS last week, so that's why I picked this as a TD..
DSC_0113.jpg

Dusted these with Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple Rub!
DSC_0025.jpg

Braised these in the WSM with some Apple Cider
DSC_0026.jpg

Got the ingredients ready for Guerry's Vinegar Slaw!:clap2::clap2::clap2:
DSC_0029.jpg

Wrapped the SNAGS in my homemade bacon and give them another healthy dust of SM Spicy Apple Rub!:thumb:
DSC_0051.jpg

Grilled those nicely on the 2nd deck of the WSM!
DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

Tossed though the slaw! (Very nice Guerry!:thumb:)
DSC_0060.jpg

Plated!
DSC_0068.jpg

And a closeup! Please use this one for a TD pic please!!!
DSC_0069.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

Bill

Oh dear god, I just made about 18 lbs of summer sausage and snack sticks over the weekend, and I'm not sure I can bare to look at my kitchenade stuffer attachment any more. I do have some left over ground pork though. Do "snags" have to be in casings?

Last edited:
I have my slaw made, and sitting in the fridge. I understand slaw needs some time alone before it's ready to perform. :cool:

CD

Way to take advantage of the home field, Bill. It is going to be hard to beat a homemade sausage in this throwdown. I know I don't have the hardware to make sausage, and can't afford to go out and buy it right now, so the brethren that have the right stuff have a leg up.

I plan to make homemade sausage someday. Hopefully I'll see some inspirational sausages in this throwdown.

For now, I'll just have to enter my slaw, with "snags" that somebody else made.

But, my own vote will probably go to someone who made their own sausage. But, let's keep that our little secret. I didn't say that out loud, did I?

CD

DSC_0069.jpg

Farkin' fantastic Snags and Slaw Bill!!! :becky:

Well, this is going to be really hard to decide. It seems that about half a dozen people have entered the same entry now. I think from the last TD, Chris enters it under the person's name who posted it last, so I'll throw my hat in the ring too! I'm thinking Chris will probably enter it under his own name ... that is, unless I post the Voting thread before he does, Mua-ha-ha!

Oh dear god, I just made about 18 lbs of summer sausage and snack sticks over the weekend, and I'm not sure I can bare to look at my kitchenade stuffer attachment any more. I do have some left over ground pork though. Do "snags" have to be in casings?

Voters decide! No DQ's. Do your best!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Cheers Young Fella!

Bill

Thanks Bill! I prefer casing-less sausage, for what it's worth.

Well, this is going to be really hard to decide. It seems that about half a dozen people have entered the same entry now. I think from the last TD, Chris enters it under the person's name who posted it last, so I'll throw my hat in the ring too! I'm thinking Chris will probably enter it under his own name ... that is, unless I post the Voting thread before he does, Mua-ha-ha!

What good is an election without the Ralph Nader Effect.... :peace:

Not an Entry

Way to take advantage of the home field, Bill. It is going to be hard to beat a homemade sausage in this throwdown. I know I don't have the hardware to make sausage, and can't afford to go out and buy it right now, so the brethren that have the right stuff have a leg up.

I plan to make homemade sausage someday. Hopefully I'll see some inspirational sausages in this throwdown.

For now, I'll just have to enter my slaw, with "snags" that somebody else made.

But, my own vote will probably go to someone who made their own sausage. But, let's keep that our little secret. I didn't say that out loud, did I?

CD

You can still make your own CD. Just don't use a casing like I did with these home made "bangers" from the Pub Grub TD

rolledout.jpg

made into coils

bangerrolls.jpg

Back