BBQ Brethren "SNAGS AND SLAW" Throwdown!

Hmmm....that's two weeks in a row now that the new category mysteriously appeared!:shock:

I wonder if my own future posts will suddenly just start "appearing" as well?
tinfoil.gif

Hmmm....that's two weeks in a row now that the new category mysteriously appeared!:shock:

I wonder if my own future posts will suddenly just start "appearing" as well?
tinfoil.gif

Well, that's what you get for not answering you PM's!:becky: Now if you don't mind, can you use your God like mod powers to put this thing "In Progress??? It's Friday you know, and we've all got Bangers and Snags to cook!:thumb:

Cheers!

Bill

I think Bill started this throwdown just for the countless pages of "sausage" one-liners. :rolleyes:

CD :becky:

Oh yeah... I forgot. My new rules exception for this one. Participants are allowed to post a double entry :shocked:

Cheeers!

Bill

Well, that's what you get for not answering you PM's!:becky: Now if you don't mind, can you use your God like mod powers to put this thing "In Progress??? It's Friday you know, and we've all got Bangers and Snags to cook!:thumb:

Cheers!

Bill

Isn't it actually Saturday morning there?

CD

Oh yeah... one final thing... It's not the size that matters either. Doesn't matter if you have a little chipolata, or a massive chubby like the Colonel.....

All votes are equal. So I've been told:icon_blush:

Cheers!

Bill

Hoping I can get a cook in tomorrow with the cold, rainy weather. I have some brats and thought about a beer marinade. I was going to use whiskey but nobody wins with Whiskey Sausage.

Who is gonna get this sausagefest under way? Someone needs to show off their meat and get this party started.

Opening salvo...

I figured I better get this sausagefest started as I'm going to be out of town for most of next week. I catch a plane tomorrow at 6:00 AM :doh: headed for the East Coast...

I went to the store this morning and saw these bad boys... I figured they would be good for lunch today. :hungry:

edit_preview.php

On to the Traeger for about an hour to smoke with oak for about an hour. :-D

edit_preview.php

Just love sweet peppers and sweet onions with my "Snags". Green/yellow/orange/red peppers along with a sweet Mayan onion all taking a CI bath in EVOO with salt and black pepper. Note the steamy goodness coming off the pan. :becky:

edit_preview.php

Threw the snags on the grill to sear them up once they were done smoking. Here's the one that volunteered to be sacrificed. :heh:

edit_preview.php

Money shot with snag, pepper/onions with brown mustard on a toasted "Outdoor Stadium Style" bun and a side of slaw. My wife made up the slaw and I didn't get a chance to snap pics as she put it together. It has shredded red cabbage, shredded broccoli, carrots, Granny Smith apples, craisins and a creamy/spicy vinegar sauce of unknown origins. It's somewhat non-traditional but since she'll be the one eating it while I'm gone, she made the call on the ingredients. It actually tastes excellent. :thumb:

edit_preview.php

Sorry for the dark last pic but it was the best one out of all the pics I took. I know it seems like it, but we really don't live in a cave. I just take pics like we do. :tsk:

Thanks for looking...

If you guys insist on calling this a sausage fest, I will have to enter microwaved hot dogs and Kroger slaw. I'm thinking a zero in a sausage fest is a pretty good thing.

CD :tsk:

Back