BBQ Brethren "Sausage" Throwdown

Seriously!!! Nice job Bob.

Thanks. I appreciate the compliments. Had the last of the kraut today. That hot, peppery, smokey chipotle flavor was very well blended. I'm thinking of taking a plain jar of pickles and tossing in some flakes just to see what happens!!

Bob

:idea:
Italian sausage pizza i made last saturday at the eggfest in oswego, il!

oswegofest2009-007.jpg

oswegofest2009-008.jpg

use #2 please. :biggrin:

oh yeah!!

WTF..............Where'd the pics go!!! Bery, bery strange!

For this contest; I made an ....
"Italian Sausage Spaghetti Sandwich."

I bought a 1lb. package of Hot Italian Sausage and formed it into
a roll. I grilled it till it was done; I then sliced it; and grilled the slices,
to get Grill marks on them too.

I used a Sourdough Roll and Grilled it with Garlic Butter.

I then put some Spaghetti on the bottom of the roll...then some
Mozzarella Cheese on top of the Spaghetti, then the Italian Sausage,
then I put some freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese on top.

It was a little bit messy....but; it sure was good!
55539609.jpg

43343766.jpg

85297828.jpg

59814824.jpg

Please use the above picture for the contest.

Last edited:
This isn't really worthy compared to the other entries (especially Ricks and Bob's) but I did make a fatty last night because I just can't help it they're so damn good. I figured what the heck might as well enter it for fun. Because that's what this site is supposed to be about right? I cooked this one using nothing but royal oak lump to test the smokyness of lump again and it was subtle but I did get a decent smoke ring. I'll stick to adding a chunk of wood next time since it was missing that other element. Still tasty though rubbed with my favorite for fatties PB Yardbird of course. Just ate it with a few slices of buttered toast. Please use picture 3 I don't know why but I like it for some reason. Wish my camera had better depth of field.

fishing006.jpg

fishing008.jpg

fishing009.jpg

Wish my camera had better depth of field.

Don't use the close-up feature. (Macro) (the little flower symbol
o0vwow.jpg
)

Instead; step back about 2-3 feet...and use the mountain symbol
k20qbk.jpg
or the Infinity symbol
vwwc1t.jpg

This will give you better "depth of field".
If your camera can't do this very well....try taking a "Birds eye view"
from over the top of the subject (food)

Your lighting looks pretty good...looks like available light & no flash.

Overall...good pics and good looking food.

This isn't really worthy compared to the other entries (especially Ricks and Bob's) but I did make a fatty last night because I just can't help it they're so damn good. I figured what the heck might as well enter it for fun. Because that's what this site is supposed to be about right? I cooked this one using nothing but royal oak lump to test the smokyness of lump again and it was subtle but I did get a decent smoke ring. I'll stick to adding a chunk of wood next time since it was missing that other element. Still tasty though rubbed with my favorite for fatties PB Yardbird of course. Just ate it with a few slices of buttered toast. Please use picture 3 I don't know why but I like it for some reason. Wish my camera had better depth of field.

fishing006.jpg

fishing008.jpg

fishing009.jpg

That's a great looking fatty! Good color and it looks nice and moist too.

To fool around with your depth of field, try checking out the manual settings on your camera. Reducing the aperture (selecting a larger f-number) will increase the DOF. But it will also increase lightness. Some cameras also let you select the area of focus with a movable cursor in the viewfinder. Using something with scale, and a few test shots will put your DOF right where you want it. This was taken with f-2.8.

DSC01400.jpg

Hey thanks for the help! I found the settings and I'm gonna try it out and see if I can get it a little better. Thanks again! Guess I'll have to make more stuff to take pictures of! :wink:

you guys are killing me with those pictures, but just keep it up.
nice job to all and thanks :p:p

Wayne, I can't thank you enough for that. I have been trying to figure out 37 across for the last coupla days now!

NUTZ

Ok, here is my first ever entry in a throwdown:

D091001.jpg

We have a Jalapeno Bratwurst, rubbed with Bovine Bold and served with Onions and Peppers, homemade coleslaw and steamed zucchini. I'll post a separate link that will show all the other things that I cooked today. :-D

Can we still enter more than once? If so, please add this entry...

P1070720.JPG

Feta Cheese and Spinach Chicken Sausage with grilled red and yellow bell peppers and Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam.

Use this picture, Chris!

Last edited:
Can we still enter more than once? If so, please add this entry...

P1070720.JPG

Feta Cheese and Spinach Chicken Sausage with grilled red and yellow bell peppers and Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam.
You can do multiple dishes, but only one photo may be submitted for voting. Rick has done this a couple times before, he just cooks stuff all week and posts the pron to torture us. But he has to pick one photo from the whole lot of them for the voting. Either that or I pick, and my eyes don't always agree with the cook so it's best if you decide.

Oh, and your dish is making me really dang hungry looking at that photo while typing all this...

Ron,

Are those the chicken sausages from Sam's? I've tried several flavors of them and some are pretty modest on the calories and grams of fat.

Wish my camera had better depth of field.

nothing wrong with those shots!

by "better" depth of field, do you mean wider or narrower? your camera has both of those, but you need to learn how to control it. all of my shots are flower (macro) or full auto... in the house with the speed flash, i'll shoot in shutter priority.

Hickory Smoked Pepperoni, fresh off the plane water buffalo mozzarella-on the king of crackers.

displayimage.php

Back